PDA

View Full Version : Recent changes in QT 4?

Michiel
18th February 2007, 02:15
Hi, I've recently upgraded QT 4 (automatically, Gentoo emerge). And I've noticed a few changes / bugs that seem to have cropped up.

QAction::activated() changed to QAction::triggered(). That broke quite a lot of my code. And I couldn't find it in the change log. Maybe I checked the wrong one?
The bottom right corner size-grip of the file-dialog (and probably the other dialogs too) starts out mirrored, and you also resize mirrored-like if you grab it. It fixes itself after you resize the window a bit by grabbing the border.
A little docking-window I made with QT designer can't be moved by dragging its title bar anymore. It's always docked and should only be able to switch between the top and bottom dock-area. It worked fine before the upgrade.

What do you make of this?

wysota
18th February 2007, 02:59
QAction::activated() changed to QAction::triggered(). That broke quite a lot of my code. And I couldn't find it in the change log. Maybe I checked the wrong one?
QAction::triggered() was present since Qt 4.0 and using activated() resulted in a warning being displayed during compilation or runtime (don't remember right now).

The bottom right corner size-grip of the file-dialog (and probably the other dialogs too) starts out mirrored, and you also resize mirrored-like if you grab it. It fixes itself after you resize the window a bit by grabbing the border.
I don't quite understand what you mean, but it seems like a faulty behaviour. But it might be caused by your windowing system and not Qt. Which version of Qt is it exactly? Maybe it is caused by some patch applied by Gentoo?

A little docking-window I made with QT designer can't be moved by dragging its title bar anymore. It's always docked and should only be able to switch between the top and bottom dock-area. It worked fine before the upgrade.

Hard to say, I have the most recent stable version of Qt and dock windows work fine. It is true that there has been some problem with dock windows in some earlier releases.

In general please check which Qt version you have (you can do it by calling qmake -v).

Michiel
18th February 2007, 11:37
QAction::triggered() was present since Qt 4.0 and using activated() resulted in a warning being displayed during compilation or runtime (don't remember right now).

It results in a warning at runtime. And it results in my toolbuttons not working anymore. :) Doesn't matter that much, though. It was easy enough to fix once I found out what the problem was.

I don't quite understand what you mean, but it seems like a faulty behaviour. But it might be caused by your windowing system and not Qt. Which version of Qt is it exactly? Maybe it is caused by some patch applied by Gentoo?

To be more precise, it resizes as if I am grabbing the top right corner. Here (http://files.michiel.eu/sizegrip.png) is a screenshot. I doubt it's Gentoo's fault. Gentoo generally doesn't mess with installs. I run KDE.

Hard to say, I have the most recent stable version of Qt and dock windows work fine. It is true that there has been some problem with dock windows in some earlier releases.

In general please check which Qt version you have (you can do it by calling qmake -v).

QT 4.2.2. I used designer to create the dock window right inside the main window. And used its properties there to bind it to the top/bottom edges. I can't move it anymore.

Greetings.

camel
18th February 2007, 12:29

QAction::activated() is part of the QT 3 support (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qt3support.html#details).

If you have compiled Qt without it, activated will not be available.