PDA

View Full Version : Using Multiple Cameras in a single screen

anupam
31st December 2013, 07:55
HI everyone,
I want to create a screen which is having multiple camera window simultaneously.
When I click on a camera widget then only it will become visible.
I have all the cameras which are on the network , I will use (TCP/UDP) sockets for streaming.

Please tell how to create this application ? Does it need OpenCV also??

aamer4yu
31st December 2013, 08:39
Create a widget to show stream from a camera.
Then use multiple instances of the widget in the Grid layout or whatever you want.

As for using OpenCV, it depends how you are getting the stream. Local webcams might be accessible from OpenCV,,, but if it is network streaming I guess you might also need to look into ffmpeg.
Usually FFmpeg is used for displaying streams for camera on network

anupam
3rd January 2014, 05:54
Do i need to have an Ip camera for this purpose?
I have to run and manipulate this camera on linux machine then port this application to ARM (panda)board.
please suggest a good ip camera for linux macchine.

wysota
3rd January 2014, 07:52
You said you would use TCP/UDP sockets for streaming. That should answer your second question -- whether you should have an IP camera.

anupam
3rd January 2014, 12:36
Earlier I had to use web camera, but now the requirement is to use ip camera . I have selected a D-link camera for this purpose It provides access to the camera over the internet by logging with the camera model and some login credentials.
But there is always a role of this D-Link server .So please help me in this direction to use which kind of widget to have this functionality to got a good video conferencing.

if you can refer me any qt based video conferencing application it will be a very big help for me.
Thanks in advance!

wysota
3rd January 2014, 14:42
Your problem has nothing to do with Qt. Once you get an image from the camera you can show it using QLabel but there is no widget in Qt that will communicate with your D-Link camera without you having to implement it.

anupam
8th January 2014, 12:55
But as per my knowledge QLabel can only show image or QMovie.
so how to use QLabel for displaying the video stream?

wysota
8th January 2014, 14:17
Hint: a video stream is a series of images.

RobStar
15th January 2014, 10:34
I solved a similar problem a couple of months ago when I connected QT to Microsoft DirectShow com objects. I use QT to display the images and DirectShow com objects to capture the images. I didn't use the QTCamera class as there doesn't appear to be any methods to invoke the camera ( WDM driver ) property dialogs which are important especially for video cameras.

The idea is very simple. Consists of two parts. (1) Write a method in your sub class ( GraphicsView , QtWidget etc ) that can be used as a call back function for the camera capture software to display the image. (2) Provide a function in you camera capture software that can be called when the QT sub class is instantiated to pass the class address over to the capture software.

On my machine it takes about 20 milli seconds to round trip a 640*480 RGB.

Hope this helps

Rob

anupam
20th February 2014, 06:24
Can you please share any code for this...

nengtyas
28th February 2014, 09:55
I solved a similar problem a couple of months ago when I connected QT to Microsoft DirectShow com objects. I use QT to display the images and DirectShow com objects to capture the images. I didn't use the QTCamera class as there doesn't appear to be any methods to invoke the camera ( WDM driver ) property dialogs which are important especially for video cameras.

The idea is very simple. Consists of two parts. (1) Write a method in your sub class ( GraphicsView , QtWidget etc ) that can be used as a call back function for the camera capture software to display the image. (2) Provide a function in you camera capture software that can be called when the QT sub class is instantiated to pass the class address over to the capture software.

On my machine it takes about 20 milli seconds to round trip a 640*480 RGB.

Hope this helps

Rob

Can you provide guidance in order to connect... please,
http://watchfree.me/42/w.png