PDA

View Full Version : problem in loading tiff images

Harini
24th January 2014, 06:55
Hi :)
On my PC I have Qt 4.7. On my hand held device I need to view tiff images but am unable to do that.When I include tiff-4.0.3 lib and cross compiled , then I can read the image data but still unable to view the image.what should i do??? can anyone please help me regarding this issue???

ChrisW67
24th January 2014, 07:24
what should i do???
You have provided precisely zero information of use to solving your problem, if indeed it has anything to do with Qt. What does your use of libtiff-4.0.3 have to do with Qt? What does the version of Qt on your PC have to do with your unspecified "hand held device"?

Harini
24th January 2014, 11:15
I mean how to make QT 4.7 open Tiff files? am using both QImage and Qlabel to display images which only allows Jpgs and Pngs. I need to be able to view Tiff images.
So far i can open Jpg and Png, but i need to be able to open Tiff using image viewer which had provided in examples.
when I'm trying to view using the same image viewer on my device(Persona Digital Assistance)"It could not open the file".should i need to include any other library???

Added after 25 minutes:

before i've downloaded a tiff-4.0.3.tar.gz lib from http://download.osgeo.org/libtiff/ but its not working :(

anda_skoa
24th January 2014, 14:57
You need the QImage format plugin for tiff built and installed, just like the ones for PNG and JPEG.

Cheers,
_

Harini
25th January 2014, 07:09
You need the QImage format plugin for tiff built and installed, just like the ones for PNG and JPEG.

Cheers,
_

Actually I've included QImage too...can u please explain me in detail??

ChrisW67
25th January 2014, 09:19
Read the detailed description in QImage. If TIFF support is not specifically disabled during the building of your Qt4 library then TIFF support is built using an internal copy of libtiff.

If your TIFF plugin was not built then either rebuild the Qt library enabling TIFF or build the TIFF plugin by running qmake and make in src/plugins/imageformats/tiff

Harini
27th January 2014, 10:22
Read the detailed description in QImage. If TIFF support is not specifically disabled during the building of your Qt4 library then TIFF support is built using an internal copy of libtiff.

If your TIFF plugin was not built then either rebuild the Qt library enabling TIFF or build the TIFF plugin by running qmake and make in src/plugins/imageformats/tiff

Did as u suggested but still am unable to view :(