PDA

View Full Version : Using KParts

deepusrp
22nd February 2007, 18:52
Hi,

Can any one please tell me how to use KParts from the scratch. Please assume that i dont know any thing. I know only Qt. Suggest some documentation reguarding first step towards the KParts-Building some small applications and so on.

jacek
23rd February 2007, 12:50
Maybe this will help: http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kparts/index.html

deepusrp
28th March 2007, 05:21
Helo sir,

To begin with kparts, many have suggested me the following link

Chapter 13: Creating and Using Components (KParts)
by David Faure

Now i have the documentation of that, i have read the document. I have prepared some files as he said. I copied the source from that html and prepared those files. Now i have those files under one directory:

-> notepad_part.h

-> notepadpart.rc

-> notepad_part.cpp

-> notepad_factory.h

-> notepad_factory.cpp

In notepadpart.rc he has refered to kpartgui.dtd, which i was not having, later i even downloaded that. now it is also in the same directory.

there are only these files. What other files do i require..??

can u please tell me, which is the file containing the main() or rather which file to be compiled.

he talks about some makefile(auto make) which i dont know. can any one send me the makefile for this project if it is necessary to make this notepad project work.

he has provided a part of the makefile in which he has stated "libnotepad.la"... what is that..??

If somebody tells me how to compile in step by step manner it will be of great help.

thanks a lot