PDA

View Full Version : How to study the Qtopia.

fengtian.we
23rd February 2007, 00:34
I want study the Qtopia(Qt embedded),who can tell me how to study it?

e8johan
23rd February 2007, 17:11
Much of what you learn about Qt also applies to Qtopia, so learning Qt is a good place to start.

sunil.thaha
1st March 2007, 09:27
And then what? I have been using Qt for 4 years. Now I want to start with Qtopia. So what do you suggest. How is Qtopia and green phone related ? Do I need to have a device running embedded linux to run Qtopia? I heard of QVfb too. But It not yet clear to me where to start. Can anyone help ?

oob2
1st March 2007, 18:05
I had the same question. I've been using Qt3 for 4 or 5 years. Now, I need to write a small (console, no-gui) program running on a embedded linux.
I downloaded the open source Qtopia, and configure it w/o "-embedded" and install it on a regular linux machine. Then, compile my small program, and it works.
My first question is, do I need the commercial license for "-embedded arm" parameter when I configure Qtopia?
Second, the target embedded linux device will not have any X11 (no-gui). How to configure Qtopia?
Third, what's difference between "-embedded" and "-xplatform" parameters?

Thanks.

sunil.thaha
2nd March 2007, 06:41
Second, the target embedded linux device will not have any X11 (no-gui). How to configure Qtopia?

I have read somewhere that Qtopia does not need X. It will write directly to the Frame Buffer of your device