PDA

View Full Version : Getting QDevelop to work

db
24th February 2007, 03:52
All,
Just started with QT. Want to use QDevelop as my interface. Got it installed but when I use the build on a project, it doesn't build anything. no ui_*.h no objects etc. Has anybody had this problem?

Another question does anyone know of a emacs setup file that will do QT syntax in emacs.

Thanks

fullmetalcoder
24th February 2007, 11:36
I think QDevelop needs some paths to be set(in configuration dialogs) in order to do its job correctly. However the best way to get it to work is probably to mail the author or to use the appropriate thread : http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-software-16/t-qdevelop-a-new-ide-for-qt4-3893.html

If you still have troubles, you can always try out the other IDEs : Monkey Studio, Edyuk and Cobras...

db
24th February 2007, 17:09
Thanks for reply. Emailed qdevelop but got no reply. I've looked at forum.. no clues as to problem... I guees I'll have to look at the code to figure out problem.

GreyGeek
20th March 2007, 03:25
I haven't had any problems using QDevelop. In fact, I am beginning to like it better than VS2003.NET.

However, I don't use it's project creator functions because I don't use its "implementation" class method. But I do put the *.h and *.cpp files in ./src, the ui files in ./ui, the binary goes into ./bin, etc...

QDevelop is such a good tool I am going to donate some money to the project.:)