PDA

View Full Version : close() and deleteLater()

gfernandes
18th February 2014, 09:34
Hi,

I have created an application which has several UI forms. When the user clicks on the shutdown button, the ui form for shutdown appears where i call a function to save the last state of the application to a database. On completion I emit a signal. This signal is connected to a slot where I have written this->close();

When I run my application I see using qDebug() << messages that the slot where this->close(); is written is executed but it does not close the UI application.

I wrote this->deleteLater(); instead and it successfully closed the application.

Is this a correct way to do it? Any help is appreciated.

Giselle

anda_skoa
18th February 2014, 09:59
Is any of the other windows still open when you call close()?

In any case there is nothing wrong with deleting the window at program end.

Cheers,
_

gfernandes
18th February 2014, 10:22
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no other window open. If I add a pushbutton and implement this->close(); in the onclicked slot of pushbutton the window closes.

But if I were to simply call a function and that saves the application last state and at the end emits a signal stating all states saved and if i connect this signal to a slot which implements this->close(); it does not close. Only this->deleteLater(); works in this case. Anycase if deleting the window at the end of the program is Ok then I will use this->deleteLater();

Thank you