PDA

View Full Version : Changing the QTabBar to an offset position

Momergil
19th February 2014, 21:02
Hello!

I'ld like to know how to change the position of the QTabBar in a QTabView/Widget or similar use like in the image below (do an offset from the 4 basic positions to a specific desired one). I image it will be something like the thread http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/13293-QTabWidget-customization?highlight=QTabBar+place, but I'm not sure where the differences would lie.

Thanks,

Momergil

ChrisW67
19th February 2014, 22:48
Your image is a status bar that happens to contain a tab bar widget. That is how you would construct it in Qt too.
QStatusBar::insertWidget() or QStatusBar::insertPermanentWidget(), and
QTabBar

Momergil
20th February 2014, 13:31
Your image is a status bar that happens to contain a tab bar widget. That is how you would construct it in Qt too.
QStatusBar::insertWidget() or QStatusBar::insertPermanentWidget(), and
QTabBar

\o/

I must admit I'm quite shocked with that affirmative o.O I never actually looked to that item by that way, since when using the software I always looked at it not as a mainwindow containing a status bar which happen to have a QTabBar, but as a custom QTabWidget that had its tab offset and happen to have a status section in the area were it would have been otherwise. Maybe the view of the entire widget will change the solution?