PDA

View Full Version : Can not set Qt version in VS 2013 Add-In for all platforms

j.mueller
5th March 2014, 15:16
Hello,

I am trying to build my Qt application as 32 and 64 bit binaries in VS2013 using Qt 5.2.1 and the VS AddIn 1.2.3 (Alpha). To do so I extracted and build the Qt source twice, so it is residing in two different paths (Each containing a debug and a release build):
C:\SDK\Qt\5.2.1_Win32_VS2013
C:\SDK\Qt\5.2.1_x64_VS2013
Next I added these paths to the options dialog (named msvc2013_32 and msvc2013_64) of the Qt5 VS Add-In and set up both target platforms of my solution. Setting the Qt version of the 32 bit platform configuration and building it worked fine.
When I next tried to do the same for 64 bit the following happens: I first select the 64 bit platform configuration, then open the Qt Project Settings dialog and select the 64 bit version. When I press the OK-button the solution not only switches back to the 32 bit configuration, it also uses the changes I intended for 64 bit for the 32 bit configuration and leaves the setting for the Qt version in the 64 bit configuration blank. The add-in shows the same behaviour if I select the 32 bit Qt version for my 64 bit VS configuration.

I already tried to figure out the problem from the Add-Ins source, but guess I would have to dig much deeper in it to solve this. So all hints and ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any support.

j.mueller
26th March 2014, 14:18
Finally I managed to solve this issue. I guess it was a bug in the VS AddIn. After I build my own binary with the latest source (git://gitorious.org/qt-labs/vstools), rather than using the pre-built AddIn, I now the versions can be switched as they should.