PDA

View Full Version : Trolltech.conf Linking

ToddAtWSU
27th February 2007, 14:07
I am trying to build an application multple users can run and I am having a problem with their fonts. Anytime a user loads the program, their fonts appear in Greek letters representing the English counterparts. So it is not a direct translation from Greek to English but everything is still displaying in Greek letters. I have changed this for myself so that it uses Arial, but I do not want to deal with having everybody set this up using qtconfig for themselves. What I want to do is copy my .config directory qtconfig creates and use that for everybody but I do not know how to tell the program to use the .config directory I want everybody to use. If I copy my .config directory to something like /usr/programConfigs/.config how do I tell my Qt program to use this .config directory instead of the one that should be in the user's HOME directory. I tried writing a .csh file and redefine the environmental variable HOME to /usr/programConfigs/.config but then other problems occurred like needing to type xhost + to allow the program to run. I am in Solaris 9 trying to run this. Thanks for all your help!

ToddAtWSU
27th February 2007, 18:23
In my main.cpp, after creating the QApplication I found I can call:

QApplication app;
app.setFont( QFont( QString( "Arial" ) ) );
Thanks for your help anyways.