PDA

View Full Version : [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

fullmetalcoder
9th February 2006, 16:18
Hi boys! Here is the new thread dedicaced to the developpement of a new IDe, written with Qt and providing a build-in support for it!

All suggestions, code snippets, bug reports (and so on...) will be welcomed! :D

Have a look at the last stable version I crafted. It features :
- working GUI :p
- management of .pro files (only variables are handled not conditionals and functions)
- text editing widget with line numbers
- current line highlighting and basis of breakpoints and errors
- syntax highlighting (fast!!!!:cool: )
- find & replace dialogs

wysota
9th February 2006, 18:00
Some first look comments:

add an ability to change fonts in the editor... on my system it looks terrible
find dialog should be not modal -- the user should be able to use the editor while the dialog is open
some of the icons are smaller than others
the "Column-row" indicator is messed up sometimes

Looks nice, though :) Waiting for more.

fullmetalcoder
10th February 2006, 16:05
Some first look comments:

add an ability to change fonts in the editor... on my system it looks terrible
find dialog should be not modal -- the user should be able to use the editor while the dialog is open
some of the icons are smaller than others
the "Column-row" indicator is messed up sometimesLooks nice, though :) Waiting for more.

Nice to see that you tried my work and liked it!
What do you mean about the font???? It worked flawlessly on my system and I can't figure out what wrong stuff could happen!:confused:
Totally agree with you about find & replace dialogs! I'm working on it.
Icons smaller than others? Hum... well... I don't understand what you mean!!!:p
What mess occurs for the column-row indicator? Do you mean that, sometimes, the numbers given in the status bar don't correspond to the line and/or column pointed by the mouse cursor?

I want your comments! I'm about to post a newer version and I'd like to be able to fix such bugs!

wysota
10th February 2006, 17:04
What do you mean about the font????
It is ugly, so I want to change it :)

It worked flawlessly on my system and I can't figure out what wrong stuff could happen!:confused:
Well... If you want others to use it, it has to work for them too.

Exactly the thing I said -- some icons in the toolbar are smaller than other icons in the toolbar.

What mess occurs for the column-row indicator? Do you mean that, sometimes, the numbers given in the status bar don't correspond to the line and/or column pointed by the mouse cursor?
No. Often the indicator is not redrawn properly and the app ends up in having two indicators drawn one over the other cluttering themselves (and displaying different data).

jpn
10th February 2006, 17:06

http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~jpnurmi/mess.jpg

The size of icons differences between "file" and "edit" toolbars.

A couple of ideas:
- Qt specific highlighting =)
- New/close buttons as tabwidget corner widgets (Qt assistant style)? At least close button should be "easier to access".

Nice work buddy!

e8johan
11th February 2006, 12:44
Hi,

I just want to starty by saying - congratulations on a great initiative. A Qt IDE is needed!

A few points:

- I'm not sure about the legal implications, but I think that a copyright needs more than a nickname.
- I get lots of Object::connect: No such slot DevEdit::highlight(QTextCursor) when running the application.
- Are you preparing for being able to integrate Assistant, Designer and Linguist?
- Is there a site or such for the application?

Bojan
11th February 2006, 15:27
Hey, I just checked this out. seems interesting. Although i just usually use Kate (or Visual Studio as editor on Windows) + Qt Designer + command line.

Is there a reason for forcing the style? I think this is bad. Usually you should respect the user's desktop preferences. Also the column/row "mess" jpn pointed out happens because of this. I don't know why. On Windows XP with Qt 4.1 there is that mess. If I comment out the 2 lines that force style in devapp.cpp there is no "mess". I am not sure what's up w/ that. Also, and I know this is all preliminary work but something to keep in mind, is that actions are really a lot more useful with shortcuts and tooltips. Like:

openAct = new QAction(QIcon(":/images/open.png"), tr("&Open..."), this);
openAct->setShortcut(tr("Ctrl+O"));
openAct->setStatusTip(tr("Open an existing file"));
connect(openAct, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(open()));

Shortcurts are especially helpful for Find and alike.
Anyway, pretty nice work.

Bojan

michel
11th February 2006, 15:48
No. Often the indicator is not redrawn properly and the app ends up in having two indicators drawn one over the other cluttering themselves (and displaying different data).

I didn't compile it yet (I was too lazy to get around to updating to 4.x--but doing it now as we speak just for this program!--and it doesn't make on 3.3), but looking at the code from the command line it looks like the column and row strings are painted to the same widget in the status bar. I find it's easier just to create two permanent textLabel widgets to add to the statusbar, then update the text of each textLabel when I need to rather than worry about handling strings and calling the statusbar updater. That way the widget will manage its own growing and shrinking without the two strings overlapping one another or having any "accidents."

An example in your initializer function might be:

QLabel *tlCurrCol = new QLabel( "Column ", this);
QLabel *tlCurrRow = new QLabel( "Row ", this);
statusBar()->addWidget(tlCurrCol, 0, TRUE);
statusBar()->addWidget(tlCurrRow, 0, TRUE);

then in the mouseEvent, rather than concatenating the string "Column " with some number and "Row " with some number then calling statusChanged() I can just do this:

tlCurrCol->setText("Column " + QString::number(x, 10));
tlCurrRow->setText("Row " + QString::number(y, 10));

And because they are widgets rather than a string, the statusbar will automatically reflect the change without me having to do anything else. And I am lazy, so that's always the best solution for me.

Again, sorry if that code isn't valid. It should be (I looked at something similar I did and just changed the variable names). I can't test it before posting because I'm currently building version 4.

seneca
11th February 2006, 16:59
This a interesting project, allthough it might not be easy to compete with all the other IDE's allready available as others have mentioned before. I'm currently also creating a IDE, but for script programming with QSA. One may think WTH is that good for because there is allready a IDE included in QSA. Well the original just did not to suit my needs good enough, scripting is a big part of my past and future projects and I will be using the IDE many many hours in the next few years, so I just started creating a "better" one :p

So good luck with this project, maybe I can contribute something in case there is need for help.

Cesar
12th February 2006, 01:00
2 fullmetalcoder:
Maybe you need some help in this project? I'd like to take part in developing :)
It seems you are not interested :(
Anyway, take a look...

Line numbers and cursor position display fixed
Did some code cleanup here and there
Added some tr()'s
etc.

You could see Changelog...

michel
12th February 2006, 11:28
Yeah, I guess the editor and project manager are what I was referring to. I know it wasn't an IDE in the same sense as MSVC or KDevelop or Borland et cetera. My initial reaction was shock (especially with the undocked windows), but now that I have used it for awhile it seems a lot better without either. For one thing it seems to load twice as fast as 3.3 did (although that is probably due to other improvements as well). And it's not really such a hassle to edit the projects by hand. I mean, I usually had an xterm open simultaneously to run qmake and make anyway, I might as well do the editing there while I'm at it. OK, I like 4.1 after all. So let's pretend my previous post was written by somebody else. :)

PS:

Had some free time this grey afternoon while the wife is sleeping to create a keyword array for the reserved words in Python, which I just know you're going to support now that QT has a Python binding :D Feel free to rename the derivative class "PyHighlighter" (I just took the Cpp off your original class to keep it somewhat uniform). Personally I think "Pylighter" sounds cooler.

const char* PyHighlighter::kwds[PyHighlighter::keywords] =
{
"and", "assert", "break", "class", "continue", "def", "del",
"elif", "else", "except", "exec", "finally", "for", "from",
"global", "if", "import", "in", "is", "lambda", "not", "or",
"pass", "print" "raise", "return", "try", "while", "yield"
};

total keywords (for Options { keywords } ) in the array are 29

PPS:

Some other observations about the highlighter:

Your code is not checking whether hash marks are inside single quotes.

For example, when loading your own devhighlighter.cpp file in the IDE and looking at the line beginning with

"else if ( c=='#' )"

The # and everything to the right of it (the "' )" I mean ) is green. I assume you want strings to be red, so what color are individual
characters inside of single quotes? Also red?

Another problem is when using multiple numbers in variable names. Rather than leaving them black, the IDE ignores the first number, but changes any
others next to it to magenta.

For an example of the above problems, the following screenshot is provided

Morea
12th February 2006, 17:58
A QT IDE would be great.

I'd say: take the source to the designer and add handling of custom made signals/slots/classes, etc. and it will be great.

Iam
13th February 2006, 09:45
don't like u way in writing Row/Col counter
take a look this -- it's real work

http://www.qtforum.org/article/14894/Solved---Qt4-QTextEdit-and-line-numbers.html

elcuco
13th February 2006, 10:35
the code i wrote talks about the text cursor.
the numbers you see on this application show the text location of where you mouse has "over"... well, you know what i mean...

these are 2 different things.

but, i do agree, i really don't need to know the positio in which i am puttin the mouse cursor. where the text cursor, that's something useful.:cool: :confused: :mad:

fullmetalcoder
13th February 2006, 17:34
the code i wrote talks about the text cursor.
the numbers you see on this application show the text location of where you mouse has "over"... well, you know what i mean...

these are 2 different things.

but, i do agree, i really don't need to know the positio in which i am puttin the mouse cursor. where the text cursor, that's something useful.

I'm planning to provide both of them! :p

I'm happy you are :) Have you taken a look at my fixed version?

I'm gonna do it ASAP!

MY week is gonna be really busy... :(
I'll have to wait next week for a newer version : holidays he!:D

Seema Rao
14th February 2006, 07:24
Hi,

I tried to compile your code but it's giving compilation errors. Currently I am using
Qt version 4.0.1. I got this error while building this application,

In file included from devedit.h:31,
from deveditor.h:30,
from devgui.h:32,
from devapp.h:30,
from devapp.cpp:25:
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.0.1/include/QtGui/qtextobject.h: In static member
function `static BlockData* BlockData::data(const QTextBlock&)':
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.0.1/include/QtGui/qtextobject.h:240: `
QTextBlockUserData* QTextBlock::userData() const' is private
devhighlighter.h:135: within this context
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.0.1/include/QtGui/qtextobject.h: In member function
`void BlockData::setToBlock(QTextBlock&)':
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.0.1/include/QtGui/qtextobject.h:241: `void
QTextBlock::setUserData(QTextBlockUserData*)' is private
devhighlighter.h:137: within this context

KjellKod
14th February 2006, 10:15
Great initiative fullmetalcoder
The IDE looks clean and although work-in progress it's easy to see that it is heading in the right direction.

I think your idea is great. An IDE strictly for Qt (if I understood it right) is probably what most C++/Qt coders would like. KDevelop is great, but by making an IDE very dynamic you also make it complex. An easier IDE targeted toward a smaller 'group' could be a hit :D

Some things I miss in KDevelop and would love to see here
Source re-formatting/indenting as in XEmacs (tab re-formatts line, select region + F4). It's good if it's an 'easy reach' key (configurable?), and not only in menu. My opinion is that 'tab' is great for line source formating and I really miss it in KDevelop.

Keep up the good work.

wysota
14th February 2006, 10:21
But code reformatting is present in KDevelop and you can assign a key shortcut/accelerator to it.

Cesar
14th February 2006, 10:27
As far as I can see, the idea of this project make much sense to forum people. There were plenty of suggestions, ideas, bug reports, etc, etc...

All suggestions, code snippets, bug reports (and so on...) will be welcomed! :D
2fullmetalcoder: May I suggest people to join the project? You'll become the project leader :D
As I already mentioned, I would be glad to join you and will do my best improving DevQT. If everything will be ok, and we won't leave the project, we could ask wysota to create a special forum for DevQT. ;)

KjellKod
14th February 2006, 10:58
But code reformatting is present in KDevelop and you can assign a key shortcut/accelerator to it.

wysota ooops. I didn't check in the right place :eek: my mistake. Thanks a million!
But it <he he> proves my point that KDevelop is so dynamic that it at, least in this instance was a problem for me, therefore maybe also for other users :rolleyes: A strict Qt IDE will still be attractive to me and others - competition is good

fullmetalcoder
15th February 2006, 08:41
Have you taken a look at my fixed version?

I'm gonna do it ASAP!

Yep I did it! Nice trick for the dialogs!!! I now use it for the replace dialog as well.

I had a look at the Changelog and, well.. it's quite confusing!!!
Where are your fixes of :
- cursor mess
- various memory leak
:confused:

Anyway, thanks a lot! Dialogs needed not to be modals and I would have never thought to do it as you did (it's the smallest, fastest and the most elegant way possible:) )

Consider me joined the team

Hey buddy! What are you doing? Members of a team are supposed to share ideas or to work on the project! :rolleyes: :p

edit:
2 admins : how do you decide to make a thread "sticky"? And why especially this one?

fullmetalcoder
16th February 2006, 16:50
Ok guys, next version is coming soon (tomorrow or Saturday actually)
Changes :
- added Insert / Overwrite key handling for the edit widget
- added a corner widget for the tab widget :

'+' icon creates a new empty editor
'-' icon closes the current editor- fixed highlighting troubles (number inside variable names, hash inside single quote, number or letter befor comments)
- improved .pro handling
- changed the behaviour and content of the status bar, 6 widgets :

general purpose
text cursor position
mouse cursor position
document state (modified or not)
Insert/Overwrite mode
number of lines in file
- fixed undo/redo (removed highlighting of errors and breakpoints because bugged undo/redo...)
- and more...

Cesar
17th February 2006, 00:09
Waiting impatiently :)

jamadagni
17th February 2006, 09:11
1. IMHO DevQT is enough. DevQT++ is unnecessary.

2. Wishlist: Code completion, a la VB6 (maybe after that too, never saw it). When an object's name is typed followed by . or ->, bring up a combobox of applicable member functions etc -- you know VB6... If I start typing QVB then it must complete the rest -- QVBoxLayout.

3. It must correct the case itself -- both for classes and variabled -- VB6 does that. (Of course, everyone here realizes that just because something is there in an MS product does not mean it's intrinsically bad...)

4. One particular code completion is, when the user has typed QPushButton quit = new -- the IDE must fill in the next word which is always QPushButton and add a (, perhaps even a () while placing the cursor between the parantheses.

5. I hope to see DevQT develop into a big app soon, though I lack the programming knowledge to contribute to it!

Cesar
17th February 2006, 10:48
2. Wishlist: Code completion, a la VB6 (maybe after that too, never saw it). When an object's name is typed followed by . or ->, bring up a combobox of applicable member functions etc -- you know VB6... If I start typing QVB then it must complete the rest -- QVBoxLayout.

That would be really great :) We're open to suggestions of implementation algorythms :)

3. It must correct the case itself -- both for classes and variabled -- VB6 does that. (Of course, everyone here realizes that just because something is there in an MS product does not mean it's intrinsically bad...)

Won't do. AKAIK, VB is case insensitive, whilst C++ is not. That's why no case correction should take place.

4. One particular code completion is, when the user has typed QPushButton quit = new -- the IDE must fill in the next word which is always QPushButton and add a (, perhaps even a () while placing the cursor between the parantheses.

Won't do. Consider the following example:

class MyPushButton : public QPushButton {
//...
};
QPushButton *b = new MyPushButton();

5. I hope to see DevQT develop into a big app soon, though I lack the programming knowledge to contribute to it!
Either do I :) Thanks for your feedback!

wysota
17th February 2006, 11:20
Guys, one remark --- Are you talking about "Qt" or "QT"? Because the latter has nothing to do with this site :) And I see you want to name the application DevQT.

BTW, this is wrong:

What about constructions like the following:
QAbstractItemModel *m = new QDirModel();

jamadagni
17th February 2006, 11:57
QPushButton *b = new MyPushButton();
1. Why don't you declare it as MyPushButton *b = new MyPushButton(); ?
2. So long as QPu is autocompleted as QPushButton I don't have a problem with this idea being rejected! ;)

Hz
17th February 2006, 13:18
i try rewrite old Qt3 syntaxhighlighter
with new libraries

take a look

elcuco
17th February 2006, 14:10
i try rewrite old Qt3 syntaxhighlighter
with new libraries

take a look

This is FullMetalCoder 's code, which is borrowed from QSA.

Why do I have the feeling like most codes we see on this thread are "way too similar"?

Hz
17th February 2006, 14:13

Why do I have the feeling like most codes we see on this thread are "way too similar"?
its code from qt3 text editor :) - i just correct a little function "process()" in FullMetalCoder 's code

michel
17th February 2006, 14:17
1. Why don't you declare it as MyPushButton *b = new MyPushButton(); ?

QPushbutton *b = new MyPushButton(); creates a new QPushbutton called b and assigns it a pointer to memory containing an instance of MyPushButton(). But now it is also possible later to change b to point to an instance of MyOtherPushButton or any other subclass of QPushButton.

If you were to try

MyPushButton *b = new MyPushButton();

and then later

b = new MyOtherPushButton();

you would get an "invalid conversion from type x to type y" error. The way you are wanting to write it is fine for most things. But to say the IDE must autocomplete this type of statement would be for it to make unnecessary guesses and handholding for the programmer.

Townk
17th February 2006, 14:19

Becouse this is the best way to implement a highlight. If you use QRegExp like syntaxhighlight exemple your code will be very slow. So its better to use a compiler aproach like in the lex analizers.

By the way, I'm working on a powerfull C++ editor, its not an IDE and I think you guys will like, some features that it will have:

* Multiline edit;
* Persistent selection;
* Split views;
* Icon pannel (with an overview pannel to);
* Line numbers;
* Code collapse (folding);
* Parentesis match;
* Auto complete to open parentesis, quote, brackets, etc.;

Perhaps could be used by FullMetalCoder's IDE ;)

As I'm without computer at home, the development is slow, becouse I can program only here at work after the expedient.

fullmetalcoder
17th February 2006, 16:00
How nice!!! 3 sticky thread dedicaced to our project!!! Thanks a lot to the admins!:D

Here is the new version I was talking about! Check out Changelog.txt

fullmetalcoder
17th February 2006, 16:28
Becouse this is the best way to implement a highlight. If you use QRegExp like syntaxhighlight exemple your code will be very slow. So its better to use a compiler aproach like in the lex analizers.

By the way, I'm working on a powerfull C++ editor, its not an IDE and I think you guys will like, some features that it will have:

* Multiline edit;
* Persistent selection;
* Split views;
* Icon pannel (with an overview pannel to);
* Line numbers;
* Code collapse (folding);
* Parentesis match;
* Auto complete to open parentesis, quote, brackets, etc.;

Perhaps could be used by FullMetalCoder's IDE ;)

As I'm without computer at home, the development is slow, becouse I can program only here at work after the expedient.

oh dear! don't be silly! sharing knowledge is the best way to learn and the philosophy of Open Source is anything but doing 2 similars projects without any connections!:rolleyes:
I don't mean you should join the project rather than starting your own! Actually if you feel better developping you own project alone it's your choice but, as you said, we'll like the features you want your text editor to provide. So the point is : "why not sharing our view about and implementation of them?" :confused:

I hope I managed to convince you...:)

wysota
17th February 2006, 17:25
Two things:
1. There are two bugs in the archive above which prevent the application from working:
a) "class DevWorkSpace;" in devgui.h is missing
b) a segfault on startup occurs, because you create a QMenu object with Editor parent, while Editor (ptr to some object) is still uninitialised. One has to move the statement which assigns an object to Editor before the setupMenu() call.
2. Why is the minimum width of the main window more than the width of my display (which is 1024x768) ? :)

Please test your code before posting it.

jnk5y
18th February 2006, 01:34
I'm trying to build the latest version on windows using ms visual studio and i get QTextBlock errors b/c userData and setUserData are private members.

I also get a few QTreeWidgetItem problems b/c TreeWidgetItem(QTreeWidget *,int) parameter 1 can't take a QString.

Any ideas why I get these issues.

I am using qt4. Is this in qt3?

elcuco
18th February 2006, 14:04
fullmetalcoder,

for next versions, can you put the source in the released zip under a directory called "devqt-VERSION"?

This way, I can unzip all of your versions into one dir.

edit,
I managed to compile the project (the compilation problems are documented on this thread). A few sugestions:

1) The "-" button, should be on the right. As the buttons are too small, one can click the wrong one by mistake. And it shuold use the same pixmap as the toolbar (that X with circle, and not "-").

2) On the "Files" tab, do you really need a top level "Default" item ? this means another click before i can see the project. Another idea, shuold be openning that tree when you load a project.

3) Please add shortcuts to the QActions. Please... otherwise the editor is practically "unusable".

4) The find text should be modaless, I will need to edit text while searching.

5) The Find text dialog. is always on top, which is good. But when the main window looses focus, please hide that window. I am writing on Firefox and the find text from you application is on top :)

6) The main window does not fit my resolution. I am usign 1280x1024. The editor should work also on 800x600 screens. The problem is in devstatus.cpp, DevStatus::DevStatus() - the for loop does l->setFixedWidth().

7) Don't force the usage of Plastique. Respect the desktops settings of users. On MAC, Plastique will look wierd.

8) Goto dialog, please put the buttons on the bottom, not on the side.

9) Dont show the compiler dock by default, until it's usable. It's just taking space on my screen.

10) Session managment needed: please restore the editor configuration when I restart the application.

It does look for for some initial version, but you have a lot of work to do yet :)

Good job!!!

michel
18th February 2006, 14:38
I'm trying to build the latest version on windows using ms visual studio and i get QTextBlock errors b/c userData and setUserData are private members.

I also get a few QTreeWidgetItem problems b/c TreeWidgetItem(QTreeWidget *,int) parameter 1 can't take a QString.

Any ideas why I get these issues.

I am using qt4. Is this in qt3?

The QTreeWidgetItem problem isn't because she is using Qt3, but rather Qt4.1. The
QTreeWidgetItem ( const QStringList & strings, int type = Type ) constructor isn't available in 4.0. I would write a diff patch for you, but at the moment I am compiling Firefox 1.5 and my computer is as slow as an 80 year old brontosaurus who was just made Professor Emeritus of Slowness at Oxford University's Department of Slow Moving Things.

IMO if you want this to be popular, you shouldn't only make it work on the brand newest version of Qt. Qt3 already has an editor, so it isn't a big deal. But at least make it portable to all the existing branches of 4.x. Seeing how many people still use 3, I do not think everybody will switch to developing in 4.1 all at once--especially since without an IDE rapid deployment of a new application is much easier in Qt3 than 4.x. So maybe those people using 4.0 (for example, when the next release of KDE comes out, which I think will be using 4) would like to use your IDE, but won't be able to because they can't even compile it.

But then it is not even working yet, so that is probably a problem to worry about a long time from now.

michel
18th February 2006, 14:57

It depends. I also made a syntax highlighter using regexp strings for practice (I don't know regexp very well and needed an excuse to learn it) with a text editor I made in Qt3 when I first began to learn the library, and when typing code in manually or opening from a file there is no noticable difference in human time from the one I made using while loops and if-else statements. The only trouble is if you be evil and copy a large amount of code into the clipboard and then hold down the Ctrl+V keys for about ten seconds to paste it all over and over again a lot. Then the program freezes for about fifteen seconds before displaying anything :DDDD. Probably for formatting a large input filestream the difference isn't so bad (so it depends if you want easy-to-read code from using the regexp or two hundred lines of loops and if statements--look at devqt's code for highlighting, for example, it works but it's a mess--whereas my regexp highlighter practice was maybe twenty lines, and if there was something wrong with how it was reading it I could just edit the string holding the pattern instead of weaving through all the branches) but for real-time highlighting of keyboard input the lexical analyzation is definitely the way to go. You know, it's funny. Such an awful lot of work for what seems like such a trivial feature of the IDE. You practically have to write half a C++ compiler just to pretty print the code. I'm having similar issues with another project I am working on in my spare time. It is a frontend for editing qmake files. It is no problem when the project file is straightforward, but now I have two lexical analyzers to make. One is to reimplement my syntax highlighter for the scripting style used by qmake (one of the tabs lets you edit the raw file instead of using the interface), the other is to handle all of the nesting and scopes within the project file and display the hierarchies correctly in the frontend's widgets. The first is much much easier (for me, at least) than the second.

michel
19th February 2006, 18:47
Two bugfixes to your latest version. The first is mentioned already by wysota (but I hadn't read his message so it took me 30 minutes to figure out with gdb why I was getting core dumps on startup before realizing you were trying to run setupMenu() on Editor before initializing it). The second fixes the problem that when you close a file that has been opened, the tab disappears but not the source code. When no files are open the Editor widget shouldn't display anything. Below are my modified lines.

--devgui.cpp---line 51--DevGUI() constructor--

Editor = new QTabWidget(this);
Editor->setWindowState(Qt::WindowMaximized);
Editor->setContextMenuPolicy(Qt::CustomContextMenu);
setupMenu();
setupFileActions();
setupEditActions();
//setupTextActions();
setupCompiler();
setupExplorer();

--devgui.cpp---line 602--DevGUI::close()--

//Your old function which removes the tab, but not the actual page Editor->removeTab(pos);
delete Editor->widget(pos);

I'll let you know if I see anything else.

fullmetalcoder
19th February 2006, 22:26
thanks for your interest! I'll try to fix them all! :D

elcuco's kindness has no limits : he's gonna open a project on SF.net or Berlios because, for some reasons I can't do it on my own. That'll give us a better framework to speed up the developpement process.

I've no code to post today but I'm working on the project handling, damn progress : scopes are now understood and functions skipped

as soon as I'll get the project working I'll start compilation process stuff and post a version with as many fixes as possible.

Townk
19th February 2006, 22:35
It depends. I also made a syntax highlighter using regexp strings for practice (I don't know regexp very well and needed an excuse to learn it) with a text editor I made in Qt3 when I first began to learn the library, and when typing code in manually or opening from a file there is no noticable difference in human time from the one I made using while loops and if-else statements. The only trouble is if you be evil and copy a large amount of code into the clipboard and then hold down the Ctrl+V keys for about ten seconds to paste it all over and over again a lot. Then the program freezes for about fifteen seconds before displaying anything :DDDD. Probably for formatting a large input filestream the difference isn't so bad (so it depends if you want easy-to-read code from using the regexp or two hundred lines of loops and if statements--look at devqt's code for highlighting, for example, it works but it's a mess--whereas my regexp highlighter practice was maybe twenty lines, and if there was something wrong with how it was reading it I could just edit the string holding the pattern instead of weaving through all the branches) but for real-time highlighting of keyboard input the lexical analyzation is definitely the way to go. You know, it's funny. Such an awful lot of work for what seems like such a trivial feature of the IDE. You practically have to write half a C++ compiler just to pretty print the code. I'm having similar issues with another project I am working on in my spare time. It is a frontend for editing qmake files. It is no problem when the project file is straightforward, but now I have two lexical analyzers to make. One is to reimplement my syntax highlighter for the scripting style used by qmake (one of the tabs lets you edit the raw file instead of using the interface), the other is to handle all of the nesting and scopes within the project file and display the hierarchies correctly in the frontend's widgets. The first is much much easier (for me, at least) than the second.

Ok, as I'm creating a new editor for C++ codes too, I do a lot of tests between RegExp and Lexical aproachs, let me share here what I discovery:

With RegExp proach what the QSyntaxHinghlighter do is to take every RegExp and see if the actual line matches to it, if match, coloring if not, pass to the next RegExp and check the entire text again, no mather if it founds any parts before.

As you can see, a lexical aproach avoid unnecessary check to the actual text and is that the reason that your code freezes a little when you paste a lot of text, and has more, if you had about 10Kloc to highlight (what is not unusual) if your editor has to repaind the entire screen, the highlight with RegExp will make your editor unusable.
Well, at least to me the beneficies of lexical aproach justify the hard work to implement it! :p

michel
20th February 2006, 00:44
thanks for your interest! I'll try to fix them all! :D

elcuco's kindness has no limits : he's gonna open a project on SF.net or Berlios because, for some reasons I can't do it on my own. That'll give us a better framework to speed up the developpement process.

I've no code to post today but I'm working on the project handling, damn progress : scopes are now understood and functions skipped

as soon as I'll get the project working I'll start compilation process stuff and post a version with as many fixes as possible.

Will your new version fix the syntax highlighter yet? I was going to post a modification to devhighlighter.cpp because the one from your latest zip file doesn't handle backslashes in preprocessor directives, but of course, now that it does handle them, the way your loops are set up it is not easy to check for a line that has both a backslash and a comment. It's rather simple. In your if loop for c=='#' just do an indexOf search for "\\" and if found set the state to preprocessor, and in your switch (previousBlockState()) - case statement at the top of the function put something like

case preprocessor :
i = text.indexOf("\\");
if (i != -1)
{
setFormat(0, i+1, fmts[preprocessor]);
return preprocessor;
}
setFormat(0, len, fmts[preprocessor]);
return normal;

I haven't done a lot of error checking but it seems to work fine for things like

#define THIS "that" \
"plus this" \
"plus that"
int main(){ printf(THIS); }....blahblah...

In your old version only the first line would be green whereas all three lines which are part of the preprocessing should be.

Don't know if your comments scanner bothers to check for /* */ comments after the backslash, but it should be easy to implement. And you don't have to worry about the C++ style // comments after a backslash, because afaik they aren't legal to use in this syntax anyway and the compiler will complain about it.

ok going to bed. bbl

elcuco
22nd February 2006, 22:39
Not really a new release... but...

I have opened a site on berlios for this project. FMC and a few others already have write access to the SVN.

I would like to try the berlios forums for development communication, but IMHO, they are just lame. We will try it for a while, and if it does not work, we can still abuse this site (thanks!) :)

The site for this project is available at:
http://devqt.berlios.de/

We already have some downloads, check the download link on that site.

The development forum is at:
http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=18460

Thanks for all that have been helping us with this project!

Morea
24th February 2006, 10:59
I downloarded the 0.1.0.zip and compiled.
This is the result on my linux qt 4.1 machine when trying to run it.

$ ./devqt
Segmentation fault

Dang!

fullmetalcoder
24th February 2006, 11:19
I downloarded the 0.1.0.zip and compiled.
This is the result on my linux qt 4.1 machine when trying to run it.

$ ./devqt
Segmentation fault

Dang!

Wysota has already explained how to get rid of that AFAIK. :rolleyes:

The embarrassing stuff pointed out by that stupid bug is that Qt doesn't behave the same on every system : on my Athlon 1,4GHz, 512Mb SDRAM, GeForce 2 MX400, Win ME (I know my config sucks but that's not the point!) no bug occured.

Anyway it has been removed but, I'm damn sorry, I can't post the last version here because the zipfile is 150kb while the limits set by the admins is 100kb!!! :(
So, if you want to keep updated you've got to visit http://devqt.berlios.de

Due to my 56kb internet connection and the troubles I get building an SVN client I can't post the code on my own so you also have to wait for elcuco doing it (I seny him the source a few minutes ago...)

wysota
24th February 2006, 11:26
The embarrassing stuff pointed out by that stupid bug is that Qt doesn't behave the same on every system : on my Athlon 1,4GHz, 512Mb SDRAM, GeForce 2 MX400, Win ME (I know my config sucks but that's not the point!) no bug occured.

It's not Qt. It's C++ and I can't believe you were able to dereference a random pointer on your system everytime you started the application :)

Anyway it has been removed but, I'm damn sorry, I can't post the last version here because the zipfile is 150kb while the limits set by the admins is 100kb!!! :(

AFAIK the limit was changed to 300kB. Besides, you can always send a patch (diff) or only upload modified files. Using some better compressor than zip or reducing the size of icons is also an option.

fullmetalcoder
24th February 2006, 11:45
It's not Qt. It's C++ and I can't believe you were able to dereference a random pointer on your system everytime you started the application :)

As weird as it can seem it worked! And it comes from Qt because it's Qt that used the non initialized pointer, not my app!!!

AFAIK the limit was changed to 300kB. Besides, you can always send a patch (diff) or only upload modified files. Using some better compressor than zip or reducing the size of icons is also an option.

That's right damn it!!! :D (sorry, private joke...)
I didn't noticed, thanks a lot!!!

What about a better compressor? I tried .rar but it only saved a few kb and not everybody has a decompressor for .rar files
BTW if you know a better, and as universal, compressor please tell me!

Morea
24th February 2006, 11:51
What about putting new versions on berlios.de more often?
Then posting links from here to berlios?

Morea
24th February 2006, 12:04
Well 0.2.1 (or 0.2.0 as the app called it self, or 0 as the resulting file is called:D ) looks promising. :)

One question though, will I be able to compile a single C++ file and run it, like a hello world program or should everything be in projects?

I will try to use it more as soon as I can change the font size in the editing window to something that is 400% larger. (on my linux box)

wysota
24th February 2006, 12:08
As weird as it can seem it worked! And it comes from Qt because it's Qt that used the non initialized pointer, not my app!!!
It is your app which passes an invalid pointer to Qt routines, Qt just dereferences it using C++ "->" operator, so it is strictly a C++ issue. If you had zeroed the pointer at the beginning of the constructor, like you should, Qt would behave correctly (but with an unexpected result).

What about a better compressor? I tried .rar but it only saved a few kb and not everybody has a decompressor for .rar files
BTW if you know a better, and as universal, compressor please tell me!

Use bzip2. It has much better compression ratios than zip. Or tune the zip compressor to use the best strength available. And reduce the size of images. You can get rid of that .qm file too. It can be generated during compilation from .ts file.

fullmetalcoder
24th February 2006, 12:08
Well 0.2.1 (or 0.2.0 as the app called it self, or 0 as the resulting file is called:D ) looks promising. :)

One question though, will I be able to compile a single C++ file and run it, like a hello world program or should everything be in projects?

I will try to use it more as soon as I can change the font size in the editing window to something that is 400% larger. (on my linux box)

Sorry, compilation isn't implemented yet but single file comilation will be possible.:o
It will come with version 0.3.x!

Font settings should come soon but, well, they're not the part I'm focused on! :D

KjellKod
27th February 2006, 13:48
Hi,

I tested DevQt and found a small bug for the Explorer window (devdoc.cpp). Is it better to send a patch file or do you prefer to get these things here? In this case it was a tiny fix but what if I have more fixes? I've registred on BerliOS so that I now have the possibility to add patches (user KjellKod)

Anyhow: If explorer window was moved & docked to the right, and you then chose "Place on right" the (right click in explorer top) then you got both "Place on right" and "Place on left" as active, ref: attached picture. Fix: in the DevDoc constructor

if ( area & 3 )
{
allowedAreasActions->addAction(allowLeftAction);
allowedAreasActions->addAction(allowRightAction);
areaActions->addAction(leftAction);
areaActions->addAction(rightAction);
leftAction->setChecked(true); // This line is new. Setting default

It seems that the automatic 'Place on right', 'Place on left' when moving and docking the explorer does not work but I have not looked at why yet. This post is more of a test for me to get into the Open Source way of thinking since I am yet not part of any project :o

michel
27th February 2006, 14:21
There are quite a few bugs in the menus and action options, afaict. For example, Close All doesn't close projects, Save All is an enabled option in the File menu even if nothing is open in the workspace or editor (it's enabled even when you first run the program), and there's a few other bugs that I commented on in the BerliOS forum for the project.

elcuco
27th February 2006, 23:21
Send unified patches (diff -u) to the patches section of the site. No direct link as of today, but I will do my best to add direct links to the pacthes page supplied by Berlios. (goto the download page, and then choose the patches link)

Please run the svn from the root of the project, is possible from an svn checkout.

BTW:
Mandrake sux, Galaxy more :)

munna
3rd March 2006, 08:32
Hi,

I have downloaded 0.2.1 and made vc project file from .pro file. When i compile the whole thing i get an error message which says that QtGuid.lib was not found. My lib folder contains QtGuid4.lib and not the one mentioned above. I tried renaming the file and also changing the properties of the project, but both did not help.

Can someone pls help me get this running?

Thanks a lot.

elcuco
3rd March 2006, 15:41
Are you using Qt4? it seems like you are trying to compile against Qt3.

P.S.
Check the svn trunk, we fixed some oopses.

Hi,

I have downloaded 0.2.1 and made vc project file from .pro file. When i compile the whole thing i get an error message which says that QtGuid.lib was not found. My lib folder contains QtGuid4.lib and not the one mentioned above. I tried renaming the file and also changing the properties of the project, but both did not help.

Can someone pls help me get this running?

Thanks a lot.

munna
4th March 2006, 06:30
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I checked my project properties and path. They all have the path C:\Qt\4.1.0\.. The problem is that i have QtGuid4.lib and QtCored4.lib int my lib folder whereas the project while compiling is trying to search QtGuid.lib and QtCored.lib.

Pls help

Thanks

elcuco
4th March 2006, 13:22
you are trying to link a debug version of the libraries.

remove debug from the *.pro file, or rebuild qt4 with debug information.

Dwarf007
6th March 2006, 09:14
Hi fullmetalcoder,

I quickly went through this thread and tested DevQt myself.
Your project looks very promissing !!

My first suggestion would be to separate the *.ccp, *.h and *.ui files
on the workspace filebrowser

I also noticed a problem when double clicking on a file of this workspace it is opened in the main window. If you then close this window (of the just opened file) and double click again on the same file in the workspace: DevQt will crash instead of opening the file again. (tested several times and easy to reproduce).

Something else:
What about merging seneca's QSA script programming IDE with DevQt IDE ?

Daniel

fullmetalcoder
6th March 2006, 10:09
Hi fullmetalcoder,

I quickly went through this thread and tested DevQt myself.
Your project looks very promissing !!

My first suggestion would be to separate the *.ccp, *.h and *.ui files
on the workspace filebrowser

I also noticed a problem when double clicking on a file of this workspace it is opened in the main window. If you then close this window (of the just opened file) and double click again on the same file in the workspace: DevQt will crash instead of opening the file again. (tested several times and easy to reproduce).

Something else:
What about merging seneca's QSA script programming IDE with DevQt IDE ?

Daniel

The crash that comes from file openning has been fixed in version 0.0.3.0 (can be found on svn) simply by using QPointer.

Separating files by type will not be done automatically. But thanks to the complexity of .pro format, it is now possible to create folders, and even nested one!!!

CONFIG += sources headers forms

sources {
SOURCES += ...
}

headers {
HEADERS += ...
}

forms {
FORMS += ...
}

A project such as the one above will be show files sorted in 3 folders and qmake will generate a makefile flawlessly. Enjoy!!!

Dwarf007
6th March 2006, 11:30
It would also be nice to:
- be able to save the icons menu layout on top of DevQt. (currently a user has to reorder them each time he starts DevQt.)
- see a horizontal scrollbar in the workspace browser in case the names are to long
- place bookmarks to jump between specific lines of different files
- be able to do a column mode text selection (by pressing on shift for instance) when selecting text
- switch from one file to the other inside the main window by using shift + left arrow or right arrow for instance

sorry I feel like complaining when writing down some ideas but this are not complaints!
This are just some suggestions :)

AlexKiriukha
6th March 2006, 14:08
Hi. Recentrly I've got new version from SVN (revision 32) but it don't want to compile. I've read thread but seem not find solution. The errors look like:

g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include -I. -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Isrc/core -Isrc/edit -Itmp/moc -Itmp/ui -o tmp/obj/devlinenumber.o src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void DevLineNumber::paintEvent(QPaintEvent*)’:
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘BlockData’ was not declared in this scope
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘dat’ was not declared in this scope
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘BlockData’ is not a class or namespace
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:636: error: ‘QWidgetData* QWidget::data’ is private
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: within this context
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘((DevLineNumber*)this)->DevLineNumber::<anonymous>.QWidget::data’ cannot be used as a function
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:94: error: ‘BlockData’ is not a class or namespace
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:94: error: ‘BreakPoint’ was not declared in this scope
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:101: error: ‘BlockData’ is not a class or namespace
src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:101: error: ‘Error’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [tmp/obj/devlinenumber.o] Error 1

Details: Qt-4.1.0, gcc 4.0.2, Fedora Core 4.
Any suggestions?

L.Marvell
6th March 2006, 14:32
Trying to load http://devqt.berlios.de/ and getting:

<devqt.berlios.de>

Error in jsportal.js line: undefined

undefined : Statement on line 39: Type mismatch (usually a non-object value used where an object is required)
Backtrace:
Line 39 of linked script http://devqt.berlios.de/jsportal.js
xmlInfo.load(InfoXMLFileName);
Line 13 of inline#1 script in http://devqt.berlios.de/
window_load("menu.xml", "siteinfo.xml");
Line 1 of script
window_setup();
At unknown location
[statement source code not available]

fullmetalcoder
6th March 2006, 16:00
I can't help you for the web stuff! ask elcuco he is the one that take care of it!

About compilation of revision 32 it seems you're using the old *.pro file. I thought I removed it... Try the one in the src dir!

fullmetalcoder
6th March 2006, 16:05
It would also be nice to:
- be able to save the icons menu layout on top of DevQt. (currently a user has to reorder them each time he starts DevQt.)
- see a horizontal scrollbar in the workspace browser in case the names are to long
- place bookmarks to jump between specific lines of different files
- be able to do a column mode text selection (by pressing on shift for instance) when selecting text
- switch from one file to the other inside the main window by using shift + left arrow or right arrow for instance

sorry I feel like complaining when writing down some ideas but this are not complaints!
This are just some suggestions :)

the project browser scrollbar bug is a Qt issue! I think it's solved in Qt 4.1.1, but my not sure...

saving icons is not a bad idea, thinking about it...
bookmarks is an interesting feature but it's implementation is not planned soon.

shift + ( left | right ) would most of the time be caught by the text edit widget....

Dwarf007
6th March 2006, 16:14
saving icons is not a bad idea, thinking about it...
bookmarks is an interesting feature but it's implementation is not planned soon.
shift + ( left | right ) would most of the time be caught by the text edit widget....

The ideas are just ideas and nothing is urgent as long as it is on a kind of whishlist :-)
shift+ (left|right) etc. can be replaced with ctrl+ or whatever.. but does features are very handy for keyboard users who don't like to loose time grabing the mouse.

Don't forget the column mode selection which is a really nice feature (also shift|ctrl|alt.. whatever...)

Thanks for considering our ideas,
Daniel

elcuco
7th March 2006, 18:43
L.Marvell,

Using opera by any chance?

I used a small library I wrote a year or two ago for generating quick and dirty sites. I still did not manage to get it to work under Opera.

The site now has problems with Konqueror 3.2.X, and I will see how I address them.

Firefox works :)

The compilation problems have been fixed at revision 33-34, so upgrade your svn.

Hz
10th March 2006, 12:31
if type "/" in the end of preprocessor line
devQt(v.0.0.3) crush

P.S how about different color for ->#include<- and ->"filename.h"<-

fullmetalcoder
10th March 2006, 16:07
if type "/" in the end of preprocessor line
devQt(v.0.0.3) crush

P.S how about different color for ->#include<- and ->"filename.h"<-

I'll try to fix that bug ASAP but about your PS I don't want to change how the things are done! I mean, compilers handles lines begining by # as preprocessor command, discarding about what they contains and a SH is designed to show how the code is gonna be handled. Thus, highlighting strings inside preprocessor would be something wrong (and it would also require more code :rolleyes: )

L.Marvell
17th March 2006, 16:11
L.Marvell,

Using opera by any chance?

I used a small library I wrote a year or two ago for generating quick and dirty sites. I still did not manage to get it to work under Opera.

The site now has problems with Konqueror 3.2.X, and I will see how I address them.

Firefox works :)

The compilation problems have been fixed at revision 33-34, so upgrade your svn.
Yeah, it seems works fine in Firefox, thanks!
By the way, I'm registered on sf.net, don't you want to upload DevQt there?

fullmetalcoder
17th March 2006, 16:18
uploading at Sf.net ? your question sounds crazy!

we've got a project openned at Berlios and to upload something at Sf.net we would need creating another there : the result would be an umaintainable project with two kind of contributors (berlios based and sf based) + tow versioning sytems (svn at berlios and cvs at sf.net)

L.Marvell
17th March 2006, 16:34
uploading at Sf.net ? your question sounds crazy!

we've got a project openned at Berlios and to upload something at Sf.net we would need creating another there : the result would be an umaintainable project with two kind of contributors (berlios based and sf based) + tow versioning sytems (svn at berlios and cvs at sf.net)
Ok, don't mind it was just question. ;)

Xagen
19th March 2006, 08:44
I'm sorry, but your app not working on Windows (QT4 and MSVC++ 6)
It's a feature, isn't it?

fullmetalcoder
19th March 2006, 14:55
I'm sorry, but your app not working on Windows (QT4 and MSVC++ 6)
It's a feature, isn't it?

Yep! We don't want you to be fooled by M$ so we had no compatibility with M$VC++ :p

Just kidding! Could you be more precise ? Is it :

1) compilation problem
2) linking problem
3) run-time crash
4) something else

I'd go for the first one because we're using QVariant (obliged to do so because of QSettings architecture...) and the doc says one function (I think value<T>() isn't supported under M$VC 6).

When you've had described what's wrong the team will fix it ASAP. In the meantime switch to mingw32 or even better to Linux ;)

Xagen
19th March 2006, 18:43
:)

Problem is while compiling your program with MSVC++ 6.0 ( we, russians, use pirate versions of MS products:)

For example there is error in the following code:

return (void)QMessageBox (or something like that)

Here is output:

Microsoft Windows XP [Версия 5.1.2600]
(С) Корпорация Майкрософт, 1985-2001.

C:\3\0.2.1\src>qmake

C:\3\0.2.1\src>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

NMAKE -f Makefile.Release

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
0 -DWIN32 devapp.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devapp.cpp
O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
0 -DWIN32 devdialogs.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devdialogs.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devdock.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devdock.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devedit.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devedit.cpp
0 -DWIN32 coreedit.h -o tmp\moc\moc_coreedit.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devlinenumber.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devlinenumber.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devgui.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devgui.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devhighlighter.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devhighlighter.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devsplash.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devsplash.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devstatus.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devstatus.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devsettings.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devsettings.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devproject.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devproject.cpp
0 -DWIN32 devworkspace.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devworkspace.cpp
D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\rcc.exe -name DevEditor DevEditor.qrc -o tmp\rcc\qrc_Dev
Editor.cpp
cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -O1 -MD -O1 -MD -GR -GX -W3 -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFIL
E_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
-I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtCore" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/incl
ude" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/w
in32-msvc" -Fotmp\obj\ @C:\DOCUME~1\Oleg\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma00228.
dev.cpp
devapp.cpp
devdialogs.cpp
.\devdialogs.cpp(273) : error C2562: 'process' : 'void' function returning a val
ue
.\devdialogs.h(64) : see declaration of 'process'
.\devdialogs.cpp(485) : error C2562: 'process' : 'void' function returning a val
ue
.\devdialogs.h(98) : see declaration of 'process'
devdock.cpp
devedit.cpp
.\devhighlighter.h(30) : warning C4099: 'BlockData' : type name first seen using
'struct' now seen using 'class'
.\dev.h(78) : see declaration of 'BlockData'
.\devedit.cpp(164) : error C2562: 'setText' : 'void' function returning a value
.\devedit.h(77) : see declaration of 'setText'
coreedit.cpp
devlinenumber.cpp
devgui.cpp
.\devgui.cpp(686) : error C2562: 'fileSave' : 'void' function returning a value
.\devgui.h(71) : see declaration of 'fileSave'
.\devgui.cpp(697) : error C2562: 'fileSave' : 'void' function returning a value
.\devgui.h(71) : see declaration of 'fileSave'
devhighlighter.cpp
.\devhighlighter.h(30) : warning C4099: 'BlockData' : type name first seen using
'struct' now seen using 'class'
.\dev.h(78) : see declaration of 'BlockData'
devsplash.cpp
devstatus.cpp
devsettings.cpp
devproject.cpp
devscope.cpp
devworkspace.cpp
.\devworkspace.cpp(275) : error C2562: 'focus' : 'void' function returning a val
ue
.\devworkspace.h(74) : see declaration of 'focus'
main.cpp
Generating Code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin\N
MAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Xagen
19th March 2006, 18:56
I'm already a Linux user since 1998.
But at this moment i'm coding a cross-platform application.

Xagen
19th March 2006, 19:00
Yep! We don't want you to be fooled by M$ so we had no compatibility with M$VC++ :p

Just kidding! Could you be more precise ? Is it :

1) compilation problem
2) linking problem
3) run-time crash
4) something else

I'd go for the first one because we're using QVariant (obliged to do so because of QSettings architecture...) and the doc says one function (I think value<T>() isn't supported under M$VC 6).

When you've had described what's wrong the team will fix it ASAP. In the meantime switch to mingw32 or even better to Linux ;)

I have tried a QT4DS also, but the authors of this app don't think of the coders who use MSVC++ 6.

For example they use findChildren method which is not compatible with my version of compiler, so I had to change all these methods to qFindChildren manually.

It's not good!

P.S. And I'm very interested in your application.

fullmetalcoder
20th March 2006, 10:32
I have tried a QT4DS also, but the authors of this app don't think of the coders who use MSVC++ 6.

For example they use findChildren method which is not compatible with my version of compiler, so I had to change all these methods to qFindChildren manually.

It's not good!

P.S. And I'm very interested in your application.

Thanks for your interest!:)

Sorry about the compatibility problem but these one are damn weird!!! Looks like M$ compiler doesn't respect ANSI C / ISO C++ standards...:confused: I'll try to fix that but it' won't be easy since I don't own M$VC (pirate copy or not). What about trying mingw32???;)

Xagen
20th March 2006, 10:38
Yes, I'll try mingw compiler later not at this moment cause I don't have it under my hand.

Also I'll try with msvc++ 7.1

Good luck and thanks for good work!

Hz
21st March 2006, 13:19
find bug:
in highlighted text if string look like
'\\' text
or
"\\" text

text has "quote color"

fullmetalcoder
21st March 2006, 15:07
right! thanks for submitting this bug!
Unfortunately it won't be fixed soon. The project is in reorganization state : the team is designing a roadmap and assigning roles before starting coding again.

ASA we'll start coding again this bug will be fixed but, please, try submitting them on Berlios bugtracker so as to allow to keep track of them more easily:)

evgenM
10th April 2006, 13:27
hey boys
have u new version?
wait impatiently for it (case have no IDE at all and must write in console

i have write my proper editor - very simple but it work yet

fullmetalcoder
10th April 2006, 17:21
Thanks for giving snippet. I'll have a look ASAP.

We don't have a real new version yet. The svn trunk has been updated and it works but it will not be maintained anymore (except maybe for some bugs). We are ATM redesigning the app (new relationship scheme, better separation between modules, plugin implementation and so on...) and all of us are quite busy so the next usable release is not planned yet but should come (unless we encounter big problems) before the end of May.

fullmetalcoder
10th May 2006, 08:55
Gotcha ! :cool:

After a some weeks of thinking and (hard) coding I came to something nice! The new branch of DevQt is now at a beta stage. The internal architecture is now much clearer and flexible; the GUI uses a perspective system and a powerfull MDI library to let the plugins customize the app. Actually (nearly) everything is now done in plugins (a default one being provided to take care of C++/Qt4) :
- GUI (dock widgets, menubar, toolbars)
- project management
- file loading
- text editing customization (indentation, highlighting, parenthesis matching...)

The archive has been tested under :
- Window$ ME, mingw 3.4.2, Qt 4.1.2
- Suse 10.0, gcc 4.0.2, Qt 4.1.3 snapshot

If no bug is reported within a week, this archive will become the svn trunk and the developpment will restart at a faster pace.

P.S : we would greatly appreciate Mac feedback because DevQt is meant to be fully cross platfrom

Morea
10th May 2006, 09:34
I just hope it's not to late to ask it to be simple, so that you can work with just one simple file and not multiple file projects, and that you can use it and do stuff without using qt stuff (i.e. qmake etc.) or having qt installed, and that it will be a great application! :D

Dwarf007
10th May 2006, 10:58
Unfortunatelly:

g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.1/lib -o ../../devqt.bin ../tmp/obj/linux/exec/main.o -L/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.1/lib -L".." -ldevqt -lQtGui -L/home/user/tmp/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.1/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpng -lSM -lICE -lXi -lXrender -lXcursor -lXinerama -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lQtCore -lz -lm -ldl -lpthread
../libdevqt.so: undefined reference to `map()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../../devqt.bin] Erreur 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/tmp/devqt-0.3.1/src/exec'
make: *** [sub-exec-make_default] Erreur 2

pasnox
10th May 2006, 12:00
hey boys
have u new version?
wait impatiently for it (case have no IDE at all and must write in console

i have write my proper editor - very simple but it work yet

U can use/test Qt4DS instead :p

I go check your last source of DevQt.

P@sNox,

evgenM
10th May 2006, 12:55
U can use/test Qt4DS instead :p

thanx pasnox - i use it about month =] -- good IDE(i like it)

about DevQt - can't compile, same errors as at Dwarf007 (do u test it?)

fullmetalcoder
10th May 2006, 13:11
about DevQt - can't compile, same errors as at Dwarf007 (do u test it?)

Ouch! What the hell??? Sure I tested it but unfortunately not under Qt 4.1.1 or lower...
I've got to do soon, it damn it! Please could you send me more information about your system(s) ? I mean OS, compiler and Qt version.

I just hope it's not to late to ask it to be simple, so that you can work with just one simple file and not multiple file projects, and that you can use it and do stuff without using qt stuff (i.e. qmake etc.) or having qt installed, and that it will be a great application! :D

It needs Qt4 installed (at the very least QtCore4.so and QtGui4.so) because Qt is the lib used to create GUI (and to perform lots of other tasks BTW). Both single file and project compilation should be available and we welcome ideas because no compilation is implemented yet. The default plugin handles c++/Qt4 and will require qmake (and possibly - it depends on the porject - uic, rcc, ...) to compile projects and gcc/mingw to compile any c(++)

evgenM
10th May 2006, 13:34
Ouch! What the hell??? Sure I tested it but unfortunately not under Qt 4.1.1 or lower...
I've got to do soon, it damn it! Please could you send me more information about your system(s) ? I mean OS, compiler and Qt version.

i use qt 4.1.2 under Linux (my gcc version 2.95.4 - very old =] )
but i think problem with your library

use ldd -r -d on libdevqt.so and see
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40ca8000)
libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x40d8d000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)
undefined symbol: map__Fv (./libdevqt.so)

wysota
10th May 2006, 18:51
Compiles fine with gcc 4.01 and Qt 4.1.2 on mdk.

Dwarf007
10th May 2006, 18:56
gcc version 3.3.2
Mandrake Linux 10.0 3.3.2-6mdk
Qt version 4.1.1

Not fine :-(

I might have to update all this stuff :-)

elcuco
10th May 2006, 22:49
Hi FMC,

Why arent you using the SVN?
Why arent you announcing your own team about the new release?
Why didn't you test the software?
Why did you release a BZ2 file, a nont native format on Windows?
Why did not you use the script for loading the application which I posted on the mailing list, instead of what is released on this bz2? (no parameters, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set correctly)
Why don't you have a project file for compiling the project from the main lib? I asked for it several times, and added it to the SVN. Not that you use it for anything...
Why do you refuse to use the facilities provided by Berlios, and you continue to use this forum as a release manager ? (even though you were asked not to do this a few months ago)
Why doesn't the project have an install target?
Why there is no option to create a new project? A new file?
Why the open project option does not work (I mean the on in the project menu, and the file/open thing yo did, which is just redicoulus)
Why the print command does not work?
Why the search command does not work?
Why the replace command does not work?
Why the gotoline command does not work?
Why the add/remove/configure project command do not work?
Why doesnt the configure shortcuts command work?
Why doesnt the configure tools command work?
Why there is no About dialog?
Why ... why why why...

I don't think you understand, how bad this project has gone. A few months ago, you had a bunch of people wiling to help you. Now all you have is a miscompiling code, and a GUI that does nothing.

fullmetalcoder
11th May 2006, 16:11
gcc version 3.3.2
Mandrake Linux 10.0 3.3.2-6mdk
Qt version 4.1.1

Not fine :-(

I might have to update all this stuff :-)

It may come frome your gcc version but anyway I tracked all the occurence of map() in the source and found only one relevant : in devtreenode.cpp, replace

QMap<QString, QVariant> map();
def[CustomRole] = map;

by

def[CustomRole] = QVariant(QVariant::Map);

and see if it works better...

@elcuco

Why arent you using the SVN?
Why arent you announcing your own team about the new release?
Why didn't you test the software?
Why did you release a BZ2 file, a nont native format on Windows?
Why did not you use the script for loading the application which I posted on the mailing list, instead of what is released on this bz2? (no parameters, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set correctly)
Why don't you have a project file for compiling the project from the main lib? I asked for it several times, and added it to the SVN. Not that you use it for anything...
Why do you refuse to use the facilities provided by Berlios, and you continue to use this forum as a release manager ? (even though you were asked not to do this a few months ago)

1) my internet connection at home isn't working properly so I have no access to SVN
2) I thought the team was dead after your last PM and weeks without news from the other members
3) I tested it!!! :
Windows ME, mingw 3.4.2 :
- Qt 4.1.0
- Qt 4.1.1
- Qt 4.1.2

Suse 10.0, gcc 4.0.2 :
- Qt 4.1.1
- Qt 4.1.3 snapshot
4) bz2 compress better than zip and AFAIK all archiver under win can read it
5) because I was in a hurry, mine worked and I didn't understand yours...
6) I see no use for that...
7) what are the facilities for beta???

Why doesn't the project have an install target?

why would the project need an install target at such an early state?

Why there is no option to create a new project? A new file?
Why the open project option does not work (I mean the on in the project menu, and the file/open thing yo did, which is just redicoulus)
Why the print command does not work?
Why the search command does not work?
Why the replace command does not work?
Why the gotoline command does not work?
Why the add/remove/configure project command do not work?
Why doesnt the configure shortcuts command work?
Why doesnt the configure tools command work?
Why there is no About dialog?

Because it's not implemented yet! :rolleyes: Do you think a GUI can be built and connected to the underlying code in a few minutes? This is just a beta...

Why ... why why why...

Maybe because you want to much in a very short time...

Dwarf007
11th May 2006, 16:35
Ok.. it compiled now but when I tried to use it.. I opened a pro file and then I double clicked on one of my cpp files which made devqt crash:

QWidget::setWindowModified: The window title does not contain a ' ' placeholder!
QWidget::setWindowModified: The window title does not contain a ' ' placeholder!
./devqt: line 6: 16097 Segmentation fault ./devqt.bin

By the way:

def[CustomRole] = map;

it is not def but nodes in my devtreenode.cpp

wysota
11th May 2006, 17:35
I am not part of the team, but I'll say a few words anyway :)

It may come frome your gcc version but anyway I tracked all the occurence of map() in the source and found only one relevant : in devtreenode.cpp, replace

def[CustomRole] = map;

by

def[CustomRole] = QVariant(QVariant::Map);

and see if it works better...

Remember that
QMap<QString, QVariant> map(); is a declaration of a function called map which returns a QMap<QString, QVariant>.

3) I tested it!!! :
Windows ME, mingw 3.4.2 :
- Qt 4.1.0
- Qt 4.1.1
- Qt 4.1.2

Suse 10.0, gcc 4.0.2 :
- Qt 4.1.1
- Qt 4.1.3 snapshot
You should test the code you write on other systems than your own. Especially on some vanilla ones.

4) bz2 compress better than zip and AFAIK all archiver under win can read it
AFAIK all (most?) win archivers handle gzip, but they have problems with bzip.

5) because I was in a hurry, mine worked and I didn't understand yours...
Unfortunately yours didn't work for me :(

6) I see no use for that...
Heh... my first question after unarchiving the sources, calling qmake from the main dir and reading the error message was "How the hell do you compile this thing?"

7) what are the facilities for beta???
I think he meant all those things connected with project releases (I don't know Berlios too well, so I may be wrong).

Because it's not implemented yet! :rolleyes: Do you think a GUI can be built and connected to the underlying code in a few minutes? This is just a beta...
Then a good habit would be to disable all non-implemented actions. This still gives users an idea of the interface but doesn't make them wonder "why the hell nothing works".

Don't take my answer as a way of discouraging you, this wasn't my intention. And don't be too hasty with releasing new versions. One can always download a snapshot from the SVN (provided that you use it to manage the code :P).

elcuco
11th May 2006, 19:02
One can always download a snapshot from the SVN (provided that you use it to manage the code :P).

He does not. This is why he had a team of developer which wanted to help him, and he lost them. Because he decided that coding for himself is more important than making a community which can help and find all those bugs he is seeing every release he made.

2) I thought the team was dead after your last PM and weeks without news from the other members

No, the team efforts are dead from now.

I tried to help other developers join this project but openning a project on berlios. Then by adding a SVN. Then by adding a forums. Then by openning mailing lists. Then by connecting the SVN to the mailing list so we can all see the commits done by others. Then by annoucing a release schedule, which was not released since people claimed that it segfaults, and there one who can fixed it. Then I added a wiki, which I obsoleted by a better one, which I started filling with content.

fullmetalcoder
12th May 2006, 14:11
Ok.. it compiled now but when I tried to use it.. I opened a pro file and then I double clicked on one of my cpp files which made devqt crash:

QWidget::setWindowModified : The window title does not contain a '
' placeholder!
QWidget::setWindowModified : The window title does not contain a '
' placeholder!
./devqt: line 6 16097 Segmentation fault ./devqt.bin

:crying: What the hell? I thought I fixed that... BTW this bug is rather ununderstandable! AFAIK the concerned classes make sure that the window title contains a
placeholder and even if it does not I can hardly think of a reason for such a thing to cause a segfault...:confused:

is a declaration of a function called map which returns a QMap<QString, QVariant>.

Inside of a class constructor ???

You should test the code you write on other systems than your own. Especially on some vanilla ones.

The question you should ask yourself is : can I find other systems to test my code?

Unfortunately yours didn't work for me

Sorry... I'm quite a noob a shell scripting so I'll use elcuco script instead.

Heh... my first question after unarchiving the sources, calling qmake from the main dir and reading the error message was "How the hell do you compile this thing?"
Sorry once again... My understanding was that any coder would look in the src dir to compile the app. I'll fix it...

I think he meant all those things connected with project releases (I don't know Berlios too well, so I may be wrong).

The last time I used a facility to release file elcuco shouted at me...

Then a good habit would be to disable all non-implemented actions. This still gives users an idea of the interface but doesn't make them wonder "why the hell nothing works".
I'll think about that!

He does not. This is why he had a team of developer which wanted to help him, and he lost them. Because he decided that coding for himself is more important than making a community which can help and find all those bugs he is seeing every release he made.

I tried to help other developers join this project but openning a project on berlios. Then by adding a SVN. Then by adding a forums. Then by openning mailing lists. Then by connecting the SVN to the mailing list so we can all see the commits done by others. Then by annoucing a release schedule, which was not released since people claimed that it segfaults, and there one who can fixed it. Then I added a wiki, which I obsoleted by a better one, which I started filling with content.

You don't seem to realize that you are at least as responsible as I am... YOU forced DevQt to stand as a strong project while it wasn't mature! YOU openned a SVN while I wasn't able to use it! I know you wanted only to help but you may have thought a little more; DevQt and I neede more time... I won't blame you but I feel sad to know that this waste only comes from good intentions...:(

I've understood the power of a community a few years ago and, despite the troubles I encountered with DevQt I will still rely on it! I started this project because I needed an IDE but I'd be the happiest man in the world if my work could satisfy and help other people!:)

Don't take my answer as a way of discouraging you, this wasn't my intention.
Even if I did this wouldn't has any effect.

I welcome your advices (and any advices BTW).

The problems with the SVN are that :

- I didn't wanted to put an instable version on it before precisely setting the architecture and coding the lowest-level code. This is now over : SVN will be used
- My f****** internet connection is not working properly at home so I have to find other PC to communicate but these ones don't have a SVN client installed and I can't install one on them...

@elcuco
Thus, you still want to help just put the content of the archive in the trunk after putting the current trunk in a release folder like you did with the older versions.

wysota
12th May 2006, 14:29
Inside of a class constructor ???
Yes. The place doesn't matter (it only affects the scope of the declaration).

The question you should ask yourself is : can I find other systems to test my code?
I don't think it's so hard. You have some people in your team, you surely have friends with computers and, as a last resort, there is the community of this site.

Sorry once again... My understanding was that any coder would look in the src dir to compile the app. I'll fix it...
Why should I have to look into any directory? Adding a .pro file with SUBDIRS target does the trick.

The last time I used a facility to release file elcuco shouted at me...
Does it mean you shouldn't use it anymore?

The problems with the SVN are that :
- I didn't wanted to put an instable version on it before precisely setting the architecture and coding the lowest-level code.
But that's what's SVN for! You can put unstable code there and when it becomes stable, you tag it and make a new release. SVN is used for development, not for releasing files.

- My f****** internet connection is not working properly at home
What's wrong with it? How does it affect svn connection? BTW. You don't need to have a SVN client installed to use SVN. You can use a command line version which surely doesn't have any special requirements for access rights or disk space.

You know guys, I just finished reading your discussions on the berlios forum. I think your biggest problem is that you have problems communicating each other and working together.

You should focus on the common goal -- designing an application. Working separate won't help you achieve that goal. Nobody expects you to finish your app in a month or two, you don't have to hurry and release new code every now and then.

I couldn't find the (in?)famous roadmap, so I can't tell how did you progress. I think you need to spend few hours together talking about what and why you want to achieve. IRC, VoIP or instant messaging can help here...

It would be a shame to see such an effort wasted.

And if you need help, why don't you ask for it?

KjellKod
15th May 2006, 08:53
FMC ( and elcuco)...

I am sure I am not the only one not active in the project but still very interested in it - at least I cross my fingers that the project will continue. Either FMC alone (making it maybe a community thing later on) or with the ongoing project team.

Anyhow, FMC keep up your good work - and don't let the bumps in the road deter you

fullmetalcoder
15th May 2006, 10:18
FMC ( and elcuco)...

I am sure I am not the only one not active in the project but still very interested in it - at least I cross my fingers that the project will continue. Either FMC alone (making it maybe a community thing later on) or with the ongoing project team.

Anyhow, FMC keep up your good work - and don't let the bumps in the road deter you

I'm very pleased to get such a praise!:D
I won't "let the bumps in the road deter me" and I welcome any help but it looks like the original team is dead.

Anyway I'll continue working on it, alone if needed. The Berlios project may very well be closed and I think DevQt will just reborn under a new name, with a clear roadmap, a new team...

As you said I may consider make it a community thing later on because I need to familiarize with project management and administration, to properly organize a new project account, to design a new site and so on...

In the meantime I would greatly appreciate to get feedbacks, bug reports ( and possibly fixes) and other ideas. You'll probably have to wait longer but I think the result will be worth the time you'll have waited for it (at least I hope so).

Yes. The place doesn't matter (it only affects the scope of the declaration).
So removing the parens would have been fine but why did it compile under mingw 3.4.2 and gcc 4.0.2 ?

Why should I have to look into any directory? Adding a .pro file with SUBDIRS target does the trick.

Yep but SUBDIRS target does not work properly under win. Anyway I moved the project files and build script in the main dir...

Does it mean you shouldn't use it anymore?
No! It just means I didn't want to deliberatly offend members of the team...

But that's what's SVN for! You can put unstable code there and when it becomes stable, you tag it and make a new release. SVN is used for development, not for releasing files.

I know that...:rolleyes: The point with the new branch is that I radically changed the architecture of the app and didn't want other members to go in a wrong direction because of a misunderstanding of my code...

What's wrong with it? How does it affect svn connection? BTW. You don't need to have a SVN client installed to use SVN. You can use a command line version which surely doesn't have any special requirements for access rights or disk space.

It just doesn't connect... And when it does it's only under win (Suse's Kinternet always fails) with a very slow 56k and parents allowing me only a few minutes of connection. When I do it at school I have a fast DSL connection but no svn client (not even a command line one...):crying:

I couldn't find the (in?)famous roadmap, so I can't tell how did you progress. I think you need to spend few hours together talking about what and why you want to achieve. IRC, VoIP or instant messaging can help here...
Too late... I regret it but they've just failed to understand that a 16years old student is kinda busy thus thet left me alone and I don't need IRC, VoIP or instant messaging to share ideas with myself...

It would be a shame to see such an effort wasted.
Yep but it won't be wasted!

And if you need help, why don't you ask for it?
Didn't we asked there for help about various topics? Text editor, QProcess stuff, file association...

wysota
15th May 2006, 10:38
So removing the parens would have been fine but why did it compile under mingw 3.4.2 and gcc 4.0.2 ?
I don't know that. Maybe a gcc extension of some kind...

Yep but SUBDIRS target does not work properly under win.
Are you sure? Qt uses SUBDIRS to build itself and it builds itself fine. I have never had problems with SUBDIRS on Windows, at least I remember none.

No! It just means I didn't want to deliberatly offend members of the team...
You could have always asked your teammates.

It just doesn't connect...
Have you tried different protocols? svn://, http:// ? Have you tried removing the firewall? Maybe it's preventing you from connecting?

And when it does it's only under win (Suse's Kinternet always fails) with a very slow 56k and parents allowing me only a few minutes of connection.
Remember that you can compress the traffic to/from svn.

When I do it at school I have a fast DSL connection but no svn client (not even a command line one...):crying:
Why not install one on your account?

Too late... I regret it but they've just failed to understand that a 16years old student is kinda busy
Believe me, we are all busy.

thus thet left me alone and I don't need IRC, VoIP or instant messaging to share ideas with myself...
Maybe it's not too late to reactivate the team?

Yep but it won't be wasted!
You said yourself, that you're busy...

Didn't we asked there for help about various topics? Text editor, QProcess stuff, file association...
I didn't mean that kind of help. Solving issues is one thing. Participating in a project is another.

fullmetalcoder
15th May 2006, 10:54
Are you sure? Qt uses SUBDIRS to build itself and it builds itself fine. I have never had problems with SUBDIRS on Windows, at least I remember none.

Then it may be a WinME specific bug... When I built Qt under win I had to craft batch files to have it compiled... the problem comes from something like that :

cd src && qmake
This just does not work with command.com

Why not install one on your account?
Maybe because I can't... system is write protected in the sense that only one storage place is accessible : a network disk dedicated to a whole class and the local disk is not accessible...

Maybe it's not too late to reactivate the team?
Nice hope but I think it's much too late... Elcuco was the only one still using svn, mailing lists and so on... And as you can see he gave up.

You said yourself, that you're busy...
There's busy and busy! I'm busy enough to can't afford wasting my time in waiting for the team member to join IRC or instant messaging but I've got enough spare time to do some good work and if french students have long days they also have long holidays!