PDA

View Full Version : Oracle Connectivity.

yesraaj
28th February 2007, 08:52
Hi All,
I need to install Qt4 with oracle .
I have Oracle 9i and evaluation version of Qt4 ,I installed both now i don't know how to proceed some body tell me how to integrate both:crying:

jpn
28th February 2007, 09:02
Hi All,
I need to install Qt4 with oracle .
I have Oracle 9i and evaluation version of Qt4 ,I installed both now i don't know how to proceed some body tell me how to integrate both:crying:
Hi, I'm not exactly sure if the evaluation version has Oracle support or if it's even possible enable the support, because the evaluation version does not ship Qt sources and neither configure (I think).. Anyway, if the support still happens to be enabled, try following these instructions (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qtsql#details). :) You can list available drivers by QSqlDatabase::drivers().

yesraaj
28th February 2007, 09:59
From wiki of this site i got how to generate driver for mysql from mysql included file ....
now i have oracle lib and included files, nowi need to generate driver...I dont know is it possible in to add oracle with Evaluation version ...
If any body know for sure can tell....

jpn
28th February 2007, 10:04
The problem is that the evaluation version of Qt is shipped without sources. Therefore you cannot recompile Qt and neither can you compile plugins, it seems. Unfortunately the evaluation version is just for experimenting Qt as it is shipped, and you cannot extend it with plugins. Please do correct me if I'm wrong..

wysota
28th February 2007, 11:05
Yesraaj has been sending me private messages related to this problem. My last answer was "use ODBC as the evaluation version doesn't come with Qt sources". Just to let you know, so you wouldn't double what was already said.

Have fun with the thread ;)