PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent of #define in .pro file

sattu
11th April 2014, 13:09
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what's the equivalent of #define in my .pro file.
For example, this is what I want to achieve in my .pro file-

#define shapeA

#if defined(shapeA)
FORMS += \
formA.ui
#elif defined(shapeB)
FORMS += \
formB.ui
#endif

I know # symbol is meant to comment a line in .pro file, I just used it for illustration purpose.
And yes, I did search in google about this. I get some examples regarding the use of CONFIG+= or DEFINES+= . I tried them in my .pro file but couldn't achieve what I wanted to. I would be really glad if someone would help me out regarding this.

-Thanks,
sattu

stampede
11th April 2014, 13:45
// .pro

DEFINES += SHAPE_A

#...

contains(DEFINES,SHAPE_A){
FORMS += formA.ui
}
contains(DEFINES,SHAPE_B){
FORMS += formB.ui
}

anda_skoa
11th April 2014, 13:52
You can do all kinds of conditions, e.g. based on CONFIG http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qmake-advanced-usage.html#configuration-and-scopes

Cheers,
_

sattu
11th April 2014, 14:45
// .pro

DEFINES += SHAPE_A

#...

contains(DEFINES,SHAPE_A){
FORMS += formA.ui
}
contains(DEFINES,SHAPE_B){
FORMS += formB.ui
}

Hi Stampede, following your method I modified my .pro file. Now my .pro file is-

DEFINES += SHAPE_A

QT += core gui

TARGET = Test
TEMPLATE = app

HEADERS += \
testa.h

SOURCES += \
testa.cpp \
main.cpp

contains(DEFINES,SHAPE_A)
{
FORMS += \
form.ui
}

contains(DEFINES,SHAPE_B)
{
FORMS += \
ShapeB/form.ui
}

The problem is it always takes ShapeB/form.ui inspite of SHAPE_B not being defined. Can you point out what I am doing wrong?

Added after 8 minutes:

You can do all kinds of conditions, e.g. based on CONFIG http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qmake-advanced-usage.html#configuration-and-scopes

Cheers,
_

Thanks a lot anda_skoa. I followed your lead and it worked finally. Following is my .pro file-

CONFIG += SHAPE_A
#CONFIG += SHAPE_B

QT += core gui

TARGET = Test
TEMPLATE = app

HEADERS += \
testa.h

SOURCES += \
testa.cpp \
main.cpp

SHAPE_A{
FORMS += \
form.ui
}
SHAPE_B{
FORMS += \
ShapeB/form.ui
}

Once again, thanks a lot. Now I can include multiple gui files for a single class depending upon my size and shape requirements :)

stampede
11th April 2014, 14:47
Opening curly bracket must be on the same line with "contains()":

// wrong
contains(...)
{

// good
contains(...) {

I think its somewhere in the qmake docs.

sattu
11th April 2014, 16:02
Opening curly bracket must be on the same line with "contains()":

// wrong
contains(...)
{

// good
contains(...) {

I think its somewhere in the qmake docs.

Awesome, thanks a lot. It's amazing to see that sometimes even the placement of brackets play such a big role :)

Added after 11 minutes:

Stampede and Anda_skoa,
one more doubt. I am able to fulfill my objective using both DEFINES and CONFIG. Then what's the difference between both of them?

anda_skoa
11th April 2014, 17:47
DEFINES are things that get "exported" to C++, i.e. they become compiler -D items and can therefore be handled with #ifdef in code.

If you don't need that I would suggest using CONFIG and keep those unnecessary defines from the compiler invocations.

Cheers,
_

P.S.: you can also use the contains() syntax with CONFIG if you prefer it over the other condition syntax

sattu
14th April 2014, 06:50
DEFINES are things that get "exported" to C++, i.e. they become compiler -D items and can therefore be handled with #ifdef in code.

If you don't need that I would suggest using CONFIG and keep those unnecessary defines from the compiler invocations.

Cheers,
_

P.S.: you can also use the contains() syntax with CONFIG if you prefer it over the other condition syntax

That clears all my doubt. Now I can decide if I want to use DEFINES or CONFIG in my .pro file. Thanks a lot,