PDA

View Full Version : Compilation of Qtcreator plugin project fails with error: cannot find -lCore

mut
23rd April 2014, 16:35
Hello;

I'm trying to build a plugin for Qt Creator as described in [1] http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator-extending/first-plugin.html.

I have installed the entire standard Qt package (Qt Creator exe, Qt libs,...) in C:\work\qt

I have also downloaded Qt Creator source files into C:\work\qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0
I was able to compile these sources using C:\work\qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0>mingw32-make release and to obtain
executable and dlls in C:\work\qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0\bin

However, using the steps described in [1], I'm failling with the following errors when building the plugin template project (built using Qt Creator exe located in C:\work\qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin):

:-1: error: cannot find -lCore
:-1: error: cannot find -lAggregation
:-1: error: cannot find -lExtensionSystem
:-1: error: cannot find -lUtils
:-1: error: error: ld returned 1 exit status
collect2.exe:-1: error: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Myplugin.pro has:

isEmpty(QTCREATOR_SOURCES):QTCREATOR_SOURCES=C:/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0/src

isEmpty(IDE_BUILD_TREE):IDE_BUILD_TREE=C:/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0/build

At this time the above "build" folder is empty.

Thank you very much for any help.

mut
23rd April 2014, 16:47
Hello;

I'm trying to build a plugin for Qt Creator as described in [1] http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator-extending/first-plugin.html.

I have installed the entire standard Qt package (Qt Creator exe, Qt libs,...) in C:\work\qt

I have also downloaded Qt Creator source files into C:\work\qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0
I was able to compile these sources using C:\work\qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0>mingw32-make release and to obtain
executable and dlls in C:\work\qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0\bin

However, using the steps described in [1], I'm failling with the following errors when building the plugin template project (built using Qt Creator exe located in C:\work\qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin):

:-1: error: cannot find -lCore
:-1: error: cannot find -lAggregation
:-1: error: cannot find -lExtensionSystem
:-1: error: cannot find -lUtils
:-1: error: error: ld returned 1 exit status
collect2.exe:-1: error: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Myplugin.pro has:

isEmpty(QTCREATOR_SOURCES):QTCREATOR_SOURCES=C:/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0/src

isEmpty(IDE_BUILD_TREE):IDE_BUILD_TREE=C:/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0/build

At this time the above "build" folder is empty.

Thank you very much for any help.

ChrisW67
24th April 2014, 03:08
It seems from your description that you did an in-place build of Qt Creator so "C:/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0/build" should be "C:/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.1.0"