My Aim = qt on raspberry-pi
So far qt is running on the target OK, both widgets and qml
Now trying to add qwt to the mix

Ubuntu 12.04
Qt 5.3.0
qwt 6.0.1 - no changes to .pri .pro

QMake version 2.01a - Using Qt version 4.8.1 in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
.... OR ...
QMake version 3.0 - Using Qt version 5.3.0 in /mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/local/qt5pi/lib

qmake 3.0 runs OK, but the following 'make' gives this error:

cd designer/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/local/qt5pi/bin/qmake /home/mike/pi/qwt6/qwt-6.1.0/designer/designer.pro -o Makefile ) && make -f Makefile
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: designer
make: *** [sub-designer-make_first-ordered] Error 3
mike@i5:~/pi/qwt6/qwt-6.1.0$

Using qmake 2.01a completes 'qmake', 'make' and 'make install' successfully

I have seen that when using qmake 3.0 there is no Makefile or .pro file in the 'designer' directory, the correct files are however in 'src', 'textengines' etc.

I'm stumped, any help welcomed!

Uwe
6th May 2014, 06:37
Looks like your Qt version has been built without the designer module ( what wouldn't make much sense as long as you don't plan to run the creator/designer on the pi ).
Edit qwtconfig.pri and disable the QwtDesigner option.

Uwe

MadMike
7th May 2014, 16:39
Thanks, Uwe.

After much searching, seems that when I cloned the qt5 git, I got some version without the designer module. This module *seems* to be under qttools. I'm going to re-build the entire thing using qt 5.2.x which is stable, instead of qt 5.3.0 which is still in beta. I will not use the pi to run creator or designer, it's too slow. These will run on the host, and the generated app will run on the pi. Therefore I need libqwt_designer_plugin.so to enable the qt creator on the host to see the qwt widgets.

I'll post the results in case someone else has the same problem

Uwe
7th May 2014, 16:49
I will not use the pi to run creator or designer, it's too slow. These will run on the host, and the generated app will run on the pi. Therefore I need libqwt_designer_plugin.so to enable the qt creator on the host to see the qwt widgets.
Then you have to build qwt twice:

One for the desktop ( including the designer plugin ) compatible with the Qt version that was used for building the creator ( probably i386 and not Qt 5.3 ! ) and another one for cross compiling ( Qt 5.3 arm - without the designer plugin ).

Uwe