PDA

View Full Version : Unity 3d and QT , is possible ? :)

aeroxr1
26th May 2014, 22:12
Hi :)

I'm new in this forum :D

I've a question :
I can use QT for programming the android’s app , but can I import in this project the animation created with unity 3d ?

If yes how ? :)

Because I have to create an android application in which a 3d avatar (Rigged model) must move according to the commands given, and I was thinking to use QT 5.3 framework for do crossplatform app and Unity 3d for the animation :)

Alundra
26th May 2014, 23:06
Why not use directly the Unity Gui ? They have all you need.

aeroxr1
26th May 2014, 23:25
because in my app I want to include the 3d avatar , but I want to insert other parts that for do those I will have to use or QT LIBRARY or android framework . For example :
- import data from bluetooth
- save data
- graph plotting

:D

Is possible to separate animation and the other part of app ? mmm

Alundra
27th May 2014, 00:37
- import data from bluetooth
You will have to use java SDK to make a .jar and use it in Unity using AndroidJava class in c# for example.

- save data
You can use Serializer class in c#.

- graph plotting
It's the only part who will be hard at the end I think. You can create one using unity GUI surely but that will take time.

aeroxr1
27th May 2014, 12:54
Maybe with Unity3d is better to use android framework instead QT framework ?

Then create project with Unity3d and export in Android Project like library ? Is possible right ? ;)

sorry for off topic question, but you are the only people that answer me on all the web :D

Alundra
27th May 2014, 14:09
it's possible to link java in unity, you only have to put your .jar in "Plugins/Android/" on the root "assets" folder.
When you did that, you can acces in script to call function from this .jar, if you have custom activity don't forget to write in manifest.
If you have permissions needed, for bluetooth you need internet, you have to add at the end of manifest : "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>".
I'm not sure it's possible to link unity in a java project it's why I said to use the Unity GUI who has already widgets who can be used.
When the gui is done and working, you only have to link the java with unity to call the correct function, you can use "UnityPlayer.SendMessage" to make event "java<->unity".

aeroxr1
27th May 2014, 14:46
In the free version of Unity are the plugins avaible ? :D I didn't know :D

For in topic return , if I don't use Unity3d , which library should I use to do what I have to do with QT framework ?

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Alundra
27th May 2014, 22:06
You can do your java working in the free version, the pro version is only a question of render feature.
About the library, all depend on what you want to do, Ogre3D can be used, it's open source, but need more work to have android app working.

aeroxr1
27th May 2014, 22:31
Ogre3D is compatible also with QT ? O.o

However I want to move a single part of model's body (the model is a rigged human model)

wysota
27th May 2014, 23:15
You should be able to use both Unity and Ogre3D with Qt. I know by fact that Ogre can render to a texture which you can later use, with Unity it is probably the same. Basically anything that can be rendered using OpenGL either to a custom context or to a FBO/texture can be reused by Qt's OpenGL rendering system.

aeroxr1
28th May 2014, 01:06
Yes but how can reuse Unity ? :/ It doesn't seem simple :confused:

wysota
28th May 2014, 01:15
Yes but how can reuse Unity ? :/ It doesn't seem simple :confused:

If it were simple, you'd have zillions of Unity based games out there.

If you expected something along the lines of:

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
QApplication app(argc, argv);
UnityGame game;
game.letThereBeAGameIWant();
return app.exec();
}

then it ain't gonna happen. You have to put a lot of work into it.

aeroxr1
28th May 2014, 01:26
hahahaha :D
Yes I imagined ;)

But I'm looking for the best team
ogre, rajawali or unity3d with qt framework or android framework :cool:

I'm undecided..

QT yes or qt not ?
Unity or ogre ?

uff..

Alundra
28th May 2014, 01:48
Ogre3D is more easy to use with Qt because you have access to code source and you work using c++.
Unity you don't have access to code source or lib, you only write script inside the editor, it's not flexible.
The only thing you have to do to use Ogre3D is to create a class who inherit from QWidget.
That will gives you the widget working for Direct3D and OpenGL without problems.
Here an example of what that will gives you, it's my 3D Engine Editor :
http://uppix.com/f-DreamEditor145385595c00169051.png

aeroxr1
28th May 2014, 10:39
Thanks a lot :D

I will search on internet ogre's information :)