PDA

View Full Version : QtSQL problem

mvbhavsar
6th June 2014, 06:18
Hi,

I have build a console application on Linux platform which connects to MySQL DB and fetches some data and displays it. I have successfully compiled and ran on Linux. Now I have created a shell script and calling this application in that script since this script will be deamon script which has start, stop, restart and status features. I have kept this script in /etc/init.d folder. Now when I run service myscript start command, this console application runs but gives following error

QOCIDriver: unable to create environment

The same script runs without service if called directly. Can somebody help me on this please.

Thanks

Manish

anda_skoa
6th June 2014, 07:06
When a script or program is run manually from an interactive shell, it usually run in a different environment then when running in a non-interactive shell, let alone in a non-user session.

You can start investigating the differences by dumping the environment variables in either case, e.g. doing something like this in your start script

env > /tmp/myprogram.env

Maybe your program or code used by it needs one of the variables set in the interactive shelll and not present in the daemon context.

Cheers,
_