PDA

View Full Version : QwtPlotSpectroCurve: how to use triangles, squares, etc. instead of dot?

Alekon
8th June 2014, 12:35
Hi,

this is my first message in this forum, and firstly - Uwe, great work (Qwt), many thanks!

And now the question - it is in the thread title. For instance, I want two QwtPlotSpectroCurve on a plot: first with dots and second with triangles to distinguish them.

Thanks

Cah
9th June 2014, 21:45
Maybe subclass QwtPlotSpectroCurve and overload drawDots()...

Alekon
10th June 2014, 07:43
Thanks for your interest.

drawPoints() can be used. After some preparation work, it calls QwtPainter::drawPoint() that may be replaced with something that draws what I need (triangle, rect, etc.).

Cah
10th June 2014, 12:54
After some preparation work, it calls QwtPainter::drawPoint() that may be replaced with something that draws what I need (triangle, rect, etc.).

QwtPainter::drawPoint() is a wrapper for QPainter::drawPoint().
QPainter::drawPoint() is non virtual.

Uwe
10th June 2014, 13:11
QwtPlotSpectroCurve is a plot item for 3d points where the z value is mapped to color. As this is obviously not what you need consider to derive from its base class ( = displaying 3d points somehow ) instead.

In case of deriving from QwtPlotSpectroCurve you would have to overload QwtPlotSpectroCurve::drawDots() accepting that parts of the class API are left pointless.

Uwe