PDA

View Full Version : qt-config and font sizes

hvengel
5th March 2007, 22:01
I ran into something today that I an not sure that I understand it fully. I have a qt3 app. All of the dialog (other than message boxes and the like) were created in designer. Until today I didn't even know that qt-config existed. The way I discovered this is that one of the translators who works on the project complained about not being able to control the fonts used by the app after I made some changes to the dialogs in designer.

After playing around with this some I found that if I used certain font size settings in designer (Arial 13pt) those fonts were affected by qt-config. This seems like a rather strange setup since it is nearly impossible to discover this just by looking in the designer UI or by looking at any documentation that I have found so far. In addition searching the net I am not able to find any documentation about qt-config other than that it is a end user utility that allows users to control the appearance of their qt apps. It also appears that this is a unix/linux... only utility.

Where can I find more information about qt-config and what I need to do in my software to allow my users more control?

wysota
6th March 2007, 10:15
Does the change only apply to "Arial 13pt" font and not to "Arial 12pt" or to all Arial fonts?

hvengel
10th April 2007, 00:31
As far as I can tell only the one font at that specific size allows users to control it with qt-config.