PDA

View Full Version : how to create multiple childs of a widget

karankumar1609
12th August 2014, 14:51
Hello everyone,

I am asking you a general Qt question which puzzled my mind. Hope i will got some experts review. :)
Currently i am working on a project which need to create a widget contain some tabs (~30 tabs) and each tab contains ~10-30 options.
If i do the total child widgets count then it goes around 450 :eek: child widgets.

My problen is how to implement this kind of widget which contains such a huge number of childs.
Should i use Qt Designer which is preferable or there is something interesting which i don't know yet??? :confused:

Please help me to get out of this problem and clear my thoughts.
Thanks

west
12th August 2014, 15:54
Write some code generator ;)

anda_skoa
12th August 2014, 16:56
I would design each tab individually and then add their instances to the tab widget in code.

The tab widget itself in its window can of course be a made in designer as well.

Cheers,
_

karankumar1609
13th August 2014, 08:18
Hi anda_skoa,

According to you i have to create each 25-30 tabs individually in designer and then create its instance according to the option selection?
OR does a dynamic code generator as west said will work??
:confused::confused::confused:

If i use Qt Designer then i have to drag each 400 input elements and its labels etc, will be time consuming.
i just don't want to spend more time in dragging and dropping. May be what you have said would be the right answer but if there is any other solution then it will be the pain killer of my current project.
:)

anda_skoa
13th August 2014, 10:20
You didn't give any indication on what these tabs will look like.

If they are just contain repetitions of the same element, then this can easily be done in code.
Otherwise they are normal widgets and can be created in designer, but you can always also code them.

Cheers,
_

karankumar1609
13th August 2014, 12:03
Thanks anda_skoa for your reply.

Actually all the widgets are different ai i decide to create all widgets dynamically.. :)