PDA

View Full Version : Problems building working static libraries Qt 4.2.2 with new platform SDK

cboles
8th March 2007, 20:37
I recently tried rebuilding my Qt 4.2.2 static libraries that were working with the SDK from VS2003 using the latest platform SDK release from Microsoft.

When I build these libraries, I get a number of deprecated function warnings (no big deal), and a problem looking for winable.h (this has merged into some other header, so I was able to provide a blank winable.h and complete the compile).

Unfortunately, the libraries don't seem fully functional. For example, in my app the menu text fonts are extremely small (maybe 2 pix high), and the status bar area fonts are quite large (and a different font). There may be other problems too. Some of the built examples have all kinds of strange behaviour.

Has anyone built Qt with this platform SDK without problems? Any guesses what is wrong? I'm wondering if some change in the accessibility code is causing this font craziness...

Colby

wysota
8th March 2007, 20:48
I don't know what is the "latest platform SDK", but I managed to compile and sucessfully use static Qt with VS2003.

cboles
8th March 2007, 22:22
I am referring to the Vista Platform SDK here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c2b1e300-f358-4523-b479-f53d234cdccf&DisplayLang=en

this SDK is supposedly for XP, 2003, and Vista. and is the most up-to-date of the SDKs.

I have not problems building the static libs using the VS2003 headers / libs, only with this new SDK am I having problems. I need to use this newer SDK to address some 64-bit processor issues.

Colby