PDA

View Full Version : Installation of 2 Qt version on a Single System

vishal.chauhan
12th March 2007, 06:55
Hi All,

I m using Mac Intel with my Qt.
Actually I m using Qt 4.2.2 commercial Edition In which I m unable to provide support for the Gif Images with its dmg install file.

So I want to Install Qt 4.2.3 open Source Edition for Gif Support.

Is it possible to install two Qt version on the Same system.
If any body knows then plz help me.

Thanks.

wysota
12th March 2007, 12:13
Yes, it's possible, just provide another install directory. Please note that you can't use the OpenSource version for commercial development. I suggest to do it the proper way and download sources of the commercial editon.

Brandybuck
12th March 2007, 18:42
I don't like the commercial package for the Mac, because it splits up Qt and installs it to different locations. This makes it very hard to use two different versions. Instead I build it from sources. By default it will install to /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-x.y.z. Then you can have multiple versions. For the Mac I commonly have a development debug version, and a static release version for easy deployment.

If you're building from sources, adding GIF support is a snap. Just add the "-qt-gif" option to configure.

vishal.chauhan
13th March 2007, 05:50
Thanks for Repling.

But then after Installing Both Qt Is it possible that I will compile my project with both Qt compiler.

Because I want to work with the Commercial version but want to comile my Project with the version with Gif support.

Thanks.

Brandybuck
13th March 2007, 06:01
Because I want to work with the Commercial version but want to comile my Project with the version with Gif support.
The commercial version has support for GIF! You just need to rebuild it. Download the sources and read the INSTALL file. It is not that hard.

vishal.chauhan
13th March 2007, 06:16
Actually I m using .dmg for Installation.

It is Binary version and has Setup to Install Qt.

wysota
13th March 2007, 11:21
So don't use the dmg and download the sources as suggested a few times in this and other thread. You can probably download it from http://www.trolltech.com/customer/

Brandybuck, please tell him where to download the sources from :)