PDA

View Full Version : Uic Permission denied

MarkB
9th October 2014, 15:34
Hi All,

I'm trying to get up to speed with Qt and I'm having some issues. I downloaded and built Qt 4.8.6 on a VM version of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Qt appeared to build Ok and I can start it and create a project. The issue occurs when I build the project, I get a following message "execvp: /opt/qt-arm/bin/uic: Permission denied".

Now I realize that uic takes the .ui file of the project and generates .cpp and .h files from it. If I run the following: "uic mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h" from the command line I get the files mainwindow.cpp and ui_mainwindow.h . I can individually build main.cpp and mainwindow.cpp from the IDE without error so I know that my cross compiler is ok, but if I try and build the entire project, I get the above error.

I'm sure that this is a pathing issue of some kind but I don't know were to look.

Best regards,
Mark:confused:

anda_skoa
9th October 2014, 16:17
The error either means that the executable does not exist or that you don't have execution permissions.

The former could be a broken/incomplete installation, the second either a broken installation or bad permissions on the installation directory/partition.

Cheers,
_

wysota
10th October 2014, 01:02
Permission denied can also occur if you are trying to execute a binary for a different architecture, e.g. ARM binary on x86 platform, the binary name in your post indicates that this might be your case.