PDA

View Full Version : qwt event_filter example doesn't work properly

mastupristi
19th October 2014, 23:08
Hi,
I have ubuntu 14.04 64bit (qwt 6.0.0 and qt 4.8.6)

I have to use event_filter example as starting point for a project.
I run it but it has an unexpected behaviour. When I drag a point of a curve it replots some points, but doesn't replots the curve:

Any event I trigger on the axis (to change background color or add a curve) or on the window (minimizing and restoring it) will result in a correct redraw:

Is this the right behaviour? Or is it a bug? How to correct it?

best regards
max

Uwe
20th October 2014, 07:41
Can't remember about issues in Qwt 6.0.0 anymore - it is not even the latest release of the 6.0 series.
IMHO starting a new project with this version doesn't make much sense.

Uwe

mastupristi
20th October 2014, 08:13
Can't remember about issues in Qwt 6.0.0 anymore - it is not even the latest release of the 6.0 series.
IMHO starting a new project with this version doesn't make much sense.

Qwt 6.0.0 is the version in ubuntu 14.04. I am required to use this version of ubuntu (that is a Long Term Support) and all standard package distributed with it.

anyway I could try with ubuntu 13.04 (qwt 5.2.2 and qt 4.8.4) and the problem is not present.
I don't think the problem is qwt; maybe there is an issue in qt 4.8.6.

best regards
Max

Uwe
20th October 2014, 08:39
It should be an issue of the event_filter example code of this early 6.0.x version. Going back to Qwt 5.x only because of a bug in an example doesn't make any sense to me.

IMO you don't do you a favor when starting an application with a version that is not compatible with current Qt versions - sooner or later someone will have to do a migration then.

Note Qwt 6.1 is compatible with all versions >= Qt 4.4 and there should no problem with installing it in parallel to the Qwt 6.0 package of your distro.
But if you really have to go with Qwt 6.0, than you should at least replace Qwt 6.0.0 by Qwt 6.0.2.

What is a the idea of a "long term support" distro, when not even pure bugfix updates are applied ?

Uwe

mastupristi
21st October 2014, 00:01
I have downloaded qwt 6.1.1, and I have compiled it against both qt 4.8.6 and qt 5.2.1.
In both cases the event_filter example works fine.

best regards