PDA

View Full Version : QLibrary Resolve Multiple Users

JediSpam
29th October 2014, 14:47
Hello,

I am using QT 4.7 with Windows and having an issue with QLibrary. I can bring up my application and resolve all the entry points I'm trying to enter into with QLibrary with no problem. I will then log off the machine and then another user will attempt to bring up that same application. They will end up getting NULL or 0 when they try to resolve the QLibrary points. The only fix is for the machine to be restarted at this point. Ideas?

ChrisW67
29th October 2014, 19:46
Some options

The libraries are not in a system directory and the user's PATH environment variables are different. The second user's process cannot find the DLL to load.

The second user's process can find but does not have permission to read or open the DLLs concerned

JediSpam
30th October 2014, 21:26
those are the two things i'm investigating. Is it possible that somehow that first user is creating system level processes/threads that only gets "resolved" by rebooting? I have ruled out the environment issue

wysota
31st October 2014, 07:02
In normal conditions a library can be loaded by more than one process at the same time. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to run two Qt applications concurrently as each application loads a bunch of plugins at startup using QLibrary.