PDA

View Full Version : Qt advanced plugin system(qtaps)

hotsherbert
13th March 2007, 18:56
Hi all,

Have been playing with Qt and Kde for a couple of years and have placed a project on sourceforge which maybe of interest to everybody.

Its called Qt Advanced plugin system(qtaps) and uses plugins to build a Qt application program. Lots of examples from models to using QPluginLoader.

Have fun and enjoy.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/qtaps

fullmetalcoder
13th March 2007, 19:08
Don't you think that's something which would better fit in Qt Software (http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-software-16.html) section??? :rolleyes:
As I'm myself played a lot with plugins I'll give it a try and feed you back.:)

hotsherbert
13th March 2007, 20:45
Apologies,

Was not to sure where it should be placed.

appreciate the feed back though.

Thanks.

fullmetalcoder
14th March 2007, 13:36
appreciate the feed back though.
Why are you using CMake for a plain-Qt software? :confused: Well actually that's not a problem but you should at least provide a regular .pro file...:rolleyes: It's really boring to be forced to download cmake (besides the installation is tricky under Linux:mad:)..

pasnox
14th March 2007, 14:11
Why are you using CMake for a plain-Qt software? :confused: Well actually that's not a problem but you should at least provide a regular .pro file...:rolleyes: It's really boring to be forced to download cmake (besides the installation is tricky under Linux:mad:)..

I have download too the archive to get a try, result : CMake require, my choice : delete archive.

That's a pity forcing using cmake for a plain Qt Project !

@hotsherbert: please considere providing a qt pro file, or at least some makefiles.

P@sNox,

jacek
14th March 2007, 21:33
Oh, come on! CMake is not that bad ;)

pasnox
15th March 2007, 08:44

I don't tell that cmake is bad, i only tell forcing using it for a plain Qt Project is bad :D

P@sNox,

fullmetalcoder
15th March 2007, 16:46
Maybe just a little tricky to install properly under Unix systems... I myself downloaded the latest version (something like 2.4.7) and just found binaries (bad! ;)) and not even an install script... I thus copied the files in proper locations and when trying to run cmake I got an error : CMAKE_ROOT not set... :mad: Too bad...

jacek
15th March 2007, 18:06
I myself downloaded the latest version (something like 2.4.7) and just found binaries (bad! ;)) and not even an install script...
You have just downloaded the precompiled version instead of sources.

hotsherbert
16th March 2007, 11:18
This program was developed using KDevelop and was intended for the KDE desktop. However, as no KDE4 beta has appeared yet I decided to put it out as a Qt program.

Has anybody got any idea's on generating a pro file or will it have to written from scratch.

A .pro novice!:(

jacek
16th March 2007, 12:09
Has anybody got any idea's on generating a pro file or will it have to written from scratch.
You can start with "qmake -project".

pasnox
16th March 2007, 13:25
You can start with "qmake -project".

Probleme is his code is something like project / sub projects, qmake -project wll not create subdirs pro files.

And i don't know cmake at all, can't help u.

P@sNox,

hotsherbert
16th March 2007, 15:09
The project option should save a lot typing!

I'm going to use the project generation to create a subproject in each directory and then bind them all together in the main project file.

Any tips or pitfuls on using this approach would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

hotsherbert
16th March 2007, 18:36
The latest version of svn at www.sourceforge.net/projects/qtaps now comes with a vast array of qmake project files which support the libraries and plugins.

Instructions can be found in the INSTALL file. It has compiled and ran ok for me!:)

I shall do some testing over the weekend and cut a release early next week.

svn instructions can be found here http://www.laiuk.com/forrest/software/qtaps/subversion.html, ignore the build instructions as there fore CMake.

Thanks for the help all, it saved a lot of time.

fullmetalcoder
16th March 2007, 20:54
The latest version of svn at www.sourceforge.net/projects/qtaps (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/qtaps) now comes with a vast array of qmake project files which support the libraries and plugins.
Pretty good! I've checked it out and it does compile and run indeed, although I had to the following extra stuff :
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib
$ src/qtaps

Besides it seems that some features are broken (not loaded plugins?) because many icons are greyed...:confused:

hotsherbert
20th March 2007, 16:13
Hi all,

The server went up in smoke on saturday :mad: and we had to rebuild the dam thing from scratch. Its back up now so shall try and get a release cut over the coming days.

To get a qmake project file build available I created a data directory for the additional files used by the plugins. This has broken the CMake implementation so I shall try and get the files back into the plugin directories before cutting the next release. Having googled the problem I think there is a way of copying the files with qmake.

A happier chappy:)

hotsherbert
25th March 2007, 23:33
New release available 0.2.1.

Changes:
qmake project files are now fully supported.
Added automatic signal and slot connections to the rule.
Event processing within the rules are now controlled by a set of focus methods.

Enjoy.