PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts acting weird! Is Qt nuts?

Homer JS
13th December 2014, 15:01
Hi guys,

I'm new to Qt and this forum. I've installed Qt 5.3 a few days ago and started making myself familiar with the UI a little bit, then went on and started a new C++ project (I'm not a complete noob in C++) to find out that Ctrl+x, Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v are not working! After a while I found out that Shift + delet acts like Ctrl+x then Ctrl+Shift+V acts like [B]Ctrl+v[/]. Haven't found a key combination for Ctrl+c yet.

Besides there's some weird behavior sometimes, for ex. a courser line like this | shows up but as big as 6-8 newlines!
Selecting text sometimes doesn't work as it should either.This happens all over Qt. This is anoying as eff.

Selecting the text and using right click and then copy or paste works though.

P.S. I updated to Qt 5.4 same result.

Thank you for any replies.

Have a Qt day.

vuletic
14th December 2014, 10:47
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but did you check your options: http://i.imgur.com/JZtJ9UJ.png and saw if everything is how "It should be".

Regards.

stampede
14th December 2014, 10:55
This happens all over Qt.
All over Qt-based applications ? Or do you mean QtCreator ?

Homer JS
14th December 2014, 12:43
Thank you for the replies.

@Vuletic. Of course, that's the first thing I did. Everything looks fine there.

@Stampede. I didn't have time to try adding shortcuts to my app because i was in a hurry but I was talking about Qt Creator (Qt Quick, Other Projects like pure C++ etc...).

wysota
14th December 2014, 13:49
Hi guys,

I'm new to Qt and this forum. I've installed Qt 5.3 a few days ago and started making myself familiar with the UI a little bit, then went on and started a new C++ project (I'm not a complete noob in C++) to find out that Ctrl+x, Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v are not working! After a while I found out that Shift + delet acts like Ctrl+x then Ctrl+Shift+V acts like [B]Ctrl+v[/]. Haven't found a key combination for Ctrl+c yet.

Besides there's some weird behavior sometimes, for ex. a courser line like this | shows up but as big as 6-8 newlines!
Selecting text sometimes doesn't work as it should either.This happens all over Qt. This is anoying as eff.

Selecting the text and using right click and then copy or paste works though.

Maybe you have FakeVim mode enabled in Qt Creator? Try deleting Creator settings and see if it changes anything.

Homer JS
14th December 2014, 14:00
Maybe you have FakeVim mode enabled in Qt Creator? Try deleting Creator settings and see if it changes anything.

Yup, that did the trick. Thank You very much.

Since we're on the subject, what is this FakeVim, what's it used for?

Thnx again. :)

wysota
14th December 2014, 14:51
It emulates the behaviour of vim (mainly key shortcuts) in Qt Creator.