PDA

View Full Version : Two question about create an application.

Kenneth
19th March 2007, 06:55
In Qtopia4.2.0 phone edition, in the game folder,
it contains "fifteen", "snake", "minesweep", and "qasteroids" 4 games.
I create a folder "GuessNumber", and implement my game in the folder.
I can "make", and "make install" the "GuessNumber"(my creation game) into image folder,
but I try to clean build(make clean), then use "configure, make , make install",
for a long time , I check the image folder, I can't see the "GuessNumber" application.

(1)the question is when I want to add a new application into Qtopia4.2.0, which steps I should
do first, or I need add some script or modify some file to let "configure" parser correctly.

(2)Maybe I find a "configure" script bug, this bug will let system crash when you make code.

the below is qtopia4.2.0 fifteen game .pro file , when I modify the TARGET name to *list,
then run "../../../bin/qtopiamake" create Makefile, then run "make", ==> it will infinite loop and system crash. but if I use any other TARGET name no contain "list" keyword , it's OK.

qtopia_project(qtopia app)
TARGET=fifteen ==> modify to ftmlist
CONFIG+=qtopia_main no_quicklaunch

HEADERS = fifteen.h
SOURCES = fifteen.cpp main.cpp

desktop.files=$$QTOPIA_DEPOT_PATH/apps/Games/fifteen.desktop
desktop.path=/apps/Games
desktop.hint=desktop
help.source=$$QTOPIA_DEPOT_PATH/help
help.files=fifteen.html
help.hint=help
pics.files=$$QTOPIA_DEPOT_PATH/pics/fifteen/*
pics.path=/pics/fifteen
pics.hint=pics
INSTALLS+=desktop help pics

pkg.desc=Try to get the fifteen pieces in order by sliding them around.
pkg.domain=window,games,docapi,cardreader

Best Regards
Thanks~
K.

wysota
19th March 2007, 10:44
Why do you run configure, make and make install after compiling your app? This will cause Qtopia to be rebuilt, nothing more... I think you should build your application outside Qtopia build tree and then copy it to the rest of Qtopia binaries before uploading them to the phone.

Kenneth
19th March 2007, 12:22
Why do you run configure, make and make install after compiling your app? This will cause Qtopia to be rebuilt, nothing more... I think you should build your application outside Qtopia build tree and then copy it to the rest of Qtopia binaries before uploading them to the phone.

Thanks for your reponse ~
I am doing a project that will added a lot of applications, and many of people create their application each other.
So I hope that each one can run "configure , make , make install" then all thing is OK.

wysota
19th March 2007, 23:21
I think you don't understand - configure, make and make install don't do anything with your applications, they only build and install the development environment (Qtopia).

When you create a new application, you don't have to "rebuild" Qtopia.