PDA

View Full Version : Radar-Like GPS-Tracked-Objects Visualization

Philipp2405
19th February 2015, 16:53
Hey there,

I’m pretty new to Qt but I have a lot experience with C++.
Currently I’m working on a project at which I have to develop a Qt-GUI which runs on a Raspberry Pi. (Bachelor’s Project)

The system should visualize the GPS-coordinates of radio-network members in the nearer environment.

I’m really don’t know where to start. Actually I started by setting up an cross-compiling environment (QT5) for the Raspberry Pi on Linux Ubuntu 14.04.

Now I’m thinking about the visualization. I get the data of the GPS (the raspberry has GPS too) and should draw the points around me on a radar-like screen like this:

Many thanks in advance for your help!
(I hope I’ve choosen the right section.)

Greets,
Phil

ChrisW67
21st February 2015, 06:08
The top half looks lot like a custom widget job.
Perhaps you might get a little inspiration from the Analog Clock Example. Give your widget a way to store a list of points, add, remove etc. Inthe paintEvent() you could draw the concentric circles, crosshairs and any points your widget has been told about.

I would not worry about the (assumed) classic radar sweeping animation until you can get to grips with the basics.

StrikeByte
21st February 2015, 12:02
I would use the QGraphics system for it
make graphics items for all the gps devices and place them in a QGraphicsItemGroup

Radek
22nd February 2015, 07:14
Check QwtPolar. I have no experience with it but it seems to be your library. You will need Qwt - it is in the repository, and then compile QwtPolar most likely. QwtPolar is not in the repository so far but, perhaps, there are some compiled packages around.
When searching QwtPolar, search with Google.

--------------------

Edit: You will need to compile Qwt, too. The Debian repository contains Qwt 6.0 and QwtPolar depends on Qwt 6.1 ... :mad: