PDA

View Full Version : Qt 5.4 app unable to start without any error in Ubuntu 14.04

manojpatidar
25th February 2015, 12:28
I made deb file with QT 5.4 by adding PrintSupport, OpenGL Qt5 module in cmake list file and installed the deb into my machine.

Qt 5.4 app executable unable to start and not giving any error ( I think it crashes) but when I replace the same executable with execubale which I made from Qt creator then it is working.

What I think is that Qt creator build taking reference of the QT5.4 installation and deb build taking the reference from the my machine's installed .so files. that Is why I am getting this issue.

If any one has idea about the issue then please suggest me to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

manojpatidar
26th February 2015, 11:22
Adding some more info regarding the same issue below.

I am able to make deb file of Qt 5.2.1 app but not Qt 5.4 app in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 64 bit.

I have seen that Qt .so files present at the path /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ are Qt 5.2.1 compatible not the Qt 5.4 compatible.

So I just want to know that which Qt version compatible .so files come with default Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusry and if it not Qt 5.4 compatible then how can I make it Qt 5.4 compatible ?

anda_skoa
2nd March 2015, 13:01
If the system comes with an older version of Qt, you ship Qt with your application.

Cheers,
_