PDA

View Full Version : "File MakeFile.Debug doesn't exist." solution

BeautiCode
20th March 2015, 03:42
So upon installing and using the Qt Creator, and attempting to make my first test program I got a weird error when trying to compile:
"File MakeFile.Debug doesn't exist."

I searched for it on google but found very little help, many thought it was a bug.
Actually this occurs when your qt is in a directory that requires administrator permissions. When you try to compile, I'm assuming it can't output MakeFile.Debug or MakeFile.Release so it says it doesn't exist.
You can fix this by closing out the qt creator, running it as administrator, going back to your project, and re-building it. Then it will be successful. :)
If it still doesn't work, make sure your project is for windows desktop and not windows phone :D.
Cheers!

jefftee
22nd March 2015, 05:13
Try running qmake again, then rebuild. If that doesn't work, delete Makefile* manually then try to rebuild again.

BeautiCode
22nd March 2015, 05:54
Try running qmake again, then rebuild. If that doesn't work, delete Makefile* manually then try to rebuild again.

And if that doesn't work, then you can use the solution that's already posted in this thread :P

jefftee
22nd March 2015, 05:58
And if that doesn't work, then you can use the solution that's already posted in this thread :P
You lost me. Which solution are you referring to? I don't see any other replies other than the one I posted.

BeautiCode
22nd March 2015, 06:06
You lost me. Which solution are you referring to? I don't see any other replies other than the one I posted.

You lost me when you commented, considering the fact that this entire post is of me sharing a solution that I discovered, not requesting a solution :P

jefftee
22nd March 2015, 06:13
You lost me when you commented, considering the fact that this entire post is of me sharing a solution that I discovered, not requesting a solution :P
heh, I've never seen anyone post a question and the solution in the same post. As a native english speaker, I could not tell from your post that you actually found a solution. :)

BeautiCode
22nd March 2015, 06:16
heh, I've never seen anyone post a question and the solution in the same post. As a native english speaker, I could not tell from your post that you actually found a solution. :)

I never actually asked a question in the post, those are all statements :P
But it's cool :D