PDA

View Full Version : What is the best version of Qt creator?

lorena
26th March 2015, 14:48
Hallo,
I am starting to work with QT and I'd like to know what version are you using?

What is the most stable version?

I'm going to use the IDE QT creator for desktops apps and afther I will migrate for Android.

Thanks.

jefftee
26th March 2015, 17:00
I always use the latest and greatest Qt Creator version. I'm not sure that you would find concensus on what the most stable version is. I use the latest because it will generally fix known bugs and provide new features, albeit at the risk of introducing new bugs!

d_stranz
26th March 2015, 17:16
All software is inherently unstable. Qt distributions are pretty heavily tested prior to release, so in almost all cases newer versions of anything are more stable than older ones (with the exception of MS Windows, but then if the Qt folks were in charge...).

I use whatever version comes with the version of Qt I have installed. I use Qt Creator 3.3.0 now, which was built using Qt 5.4. Note that when Qt Creator is installed, it installs whatever runtime DLLs it needs. There is no relationship between the Qt Creator version and the version of Qt you use to develop your apps. You can use the current version of Qt Creator with any version of Qt and any compiler / linker tool chain.

Narada
12th April 2016, 20:50
I like using the later versions of Qt Creator because it allows you to pick examples based on your installations.