PDA

View Full Version : Lets build a network

sunil.thaha
23rd March 2007, 07:56
Hi Guys,

As an answer to this thread http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-general-discussion-10/t-hello-qtcentre-you-can-say-hello-here-5450.html . Here is an idea, that i think would work.

I am from India and finding a Qt job here is a difficult if not impossible. One of the ways I found was to maintain a list of Companies in India that uses Qt,

But many a times ,I get calls from companies/consultancies that are Qt related. And I often have to turn them down since I won't be looking for a job then:rolleyes:. But I almost always give them a list of my friends who are Qt programmers ... So if we join together and forward each others reference then the chances are better. So please do feel free to contact me. I can help you if you are looking for a job. I can a redirect those enquirers to you, provided that I am not looking for the same :D

BTW: I have a Linked in id, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/532/461

high_flyer
23rd March 2007, 10:34
Hi Sunil,

I am not trying to pick hairs here, but I have trouble understanding your post (all though the idea is nice).
Doesn't -

I am from India and finding a Qt job here is a difficult if not impossible.
Contrudict with -

But many a times ,I get calls from companies/consultancies that are Qt related. And I often have to turn them down

And, I thought the whole idea of searching a job is in order to be able not to search for a job any longer so what did you mean by:

And I often have to turn them down since I won't be looking for a job then
So you are searching for a job, get offers which you turn down, because you want to contenu the job search?

I am sure you mean something else, but I am not sure what?

sunil.thaha
23rd March 2007, 11:25
Ya, I know it really sounds absurd.

Well, presently I am already employed and that means I am not seeking out for another opportunity. But I get calls from consultancies who search for Qt professional and stumbles upon my profile; mostly from Job portals.

When I get a call from them , I redirect it to my friends who are seeking for Job. So if we build a network then, the chances of someone missing an opportunity is very less. Hope this makes it clear

And sorry for the confusion caused :)

high_flyer
23rd March 2007, 11:32
Ok - that makes more sense :-)
But I must admit, allthough I find the idea on it own as a nice one, there are some things that need to be addressed:
There are quite big salary differnces between the west (US,EU,AU/NZ) and east europe, and the east (Inida for example).
So it is more likely such a netwrok will have more benefit for (in your case) Indian job seekers, and western employers.
I don't think the other way around would be realistic.

sunil.thaha
23rd March 2007, 11:51
There are quite big salary differnces between the west (US,EU,AU/NZ) and east europe, and the east (India for example).
big :rolleyes: Hmmm really BIg

So it is more likely such a network will have more benefit for (in your case) Indian job seekers, and western employers.
I don't think the other way around would be realistic.

I agree. But guys in Western Countries could create a network for themselves.
Lets hope someone else is also interested in this network stuff and see how it works out.

sunil.thaha
16th April 2007, 08:42
Hi Guys,

Please email me if you want me to forward you the Qt related job offer calls/mails I get. I forward it to quite few guys here in forum ...