PDA

View Full Version : GPIO programming differences between Rhaspberry 1 and 2

sathish
17th April 2015, 17:45
Hi,

Am a Qt developer in embedded platform. I'm doing my project in raspberry pi. I've a developed a project based on IR sensor controlled by a remote using GPIO in raspberry pi model B. And I have successfully made it. But I took the same code and played in Raspberry pi model 2. The thing is its not working.

Can any one tell me on how to control the GPIO of raspberry pi model 2?

kaufenpreis
6th May 2015, 15:04
Raspberry Pi version 2 has changed playing rules between Linux boards. With raspberry Pi 2 here came faster CPU with four cores, RAM jumped to 1GB, so naturally we would expect faster speeds everywhere including GPIO. Joonas have ran several benchmarks to show the increase in numerical values, so we could make conclusions.
He run several common tests with available software libraries and GPIO access methods. Results actually look very promising as for almost all methods speed increased twice and more. For instance Python Rpi.GPIO based raw speed increased from 70kHz to 243kHz. Shell command driven IO became also 2.5 times faster. So this is great news for everyone who was struggling to the limits. For more info and benchmark tests go to GitHub.