PDA

View Full Version : how to create or convert exe file in qt

iswaryasenthilkumar
28th April 2015, 06:05
am having QT Application i need to convert or want to create new exe file application in qt can any one give me suggestion for this:confused:
Thanks in advance:o

anda_skoa
28th April 2015, 06:55
Just create the new application like you created the first one.

Cheers,
_

iswaryasenthilkumar
28th April 2015, 13:05
like file->newfile/project->QtWidgetProject->QtGuiApplication
is this way to create exe file.???

Just create the new application like you created the first one.

Cheers,
_

wysota
28th April 2015, 13:10
like file->newfile/project->QtWidgetProject->QtGuiApplication
is this way to create exe file.???

It depends what you want to do. If you want a "Qt GUI Application" then yes.

iswaryasenthilkumar
28th April 2015, 13:20
Thanks ,,then how can i see my exe file??

It depends what you want to do. If you want a "Qt GUI Application" then yes.

wysota
28th April 2015, 13:31
You have to be more descriptive about your problems. What do you mean by "how can I see my exe file"?

iswaryasenthilkumar
28th April 2015, 14:37
You have to be more descriptive about your problems. What do you mean by "how can I see my exe file"?
sorry
am having qt program ,i have to convert this Qt program to exe file for testing .how can i convert my qt program to exe file?

wysota
28th April 2015, 14:57
Qt program already is an exe file. Just run it.

ChrisW67
28th April 2015, 21:40
sorry
am having qt program
A set of C++ source files and supporting files, right?

i have to convert this Qt program to exe file for testing
Yes, that will help

how can i convert my qt program to exe file?
You compile the C++ source code with your compiler and Qt utilities. If this is a third party package then it will generally come with instructions for doing just this. The general pattern is:

Run qmake (or CMake if that is being used)
Run make
Run program
Profit

iswaryasenthilkumar
29th April 2015, 10:45
Thank you so much .how can i see my exe file??

A set of C++ source files and supporting files, right?

Yes, that will help

You compile the C++ source code with your compiler and Qt utilities. If this is a third party package then it will generally come with instructions for doing just this. The general pattern is:

Run qmake (or CMake if that is being used)
Run make
Run program
Profit

wysota
29th April 2015, 11:33
Thank you so much .how can i see my exe file??

Are you asking where the compiler put your application binary after compilation?

iswaryasenthilkumar
29th April 2015, 12:37
yes wysota,,after compilation i got build folder of my filename
Are you asking where the compiler put your application binary after compilation?

wysota
29th April 2015, 12:39
yes wysota,,after compilation i got build folder of my filename

If you use QtCreator then the output directory is whatever you put in the Build Settings group in the Project pane if shadow build is active or the default target directory for your platform relative to project directory otherwise.

iswaryasenthilkumar
29th April 2015, 12:56
after creation of my qt program i got

filename.pro
filem=name.pro.user
widget.cpp
widget.h
main.cpp
widget.ui

after compilation over i got

filename
main.o
makefile
moc_widget.cpp
moc_widget.o
ui_widget.o
widget.o

from this how can i find my exe file??

If you use QtCreator then the output directory is whatever you put in the Build Settings group in the Project pane if shadow build is active or the default target directory for your platform relative to project directory otherwise.

wysota
29th April 2015, 13:14
"filename" is your exe file.

iswaryasenthilkumar
29th April 2015, 13:22
Thank you so much wysota.. i have one more doubt,,if suppose my project goes to testing whether its possiple to send my filename(exe file)???

wysota
29th April 2015, 13:53
if suppose my project goes to testing whether its possiple to send my filename(exe file)???

Why are you asking me that? Ask the one who you are going to send the file to.

iswaryasenthilkumar
5th May 2015, 10:48
i have sent this filename(exe) in mail for testing ,, but my tester mailed "The file u sent is not the executable file. it is some data file." i have attache my screen shots,,that diamond symbol is my exe file ??? still i dnt clear in my doubt plss help me11160

yeye_olive
5th May 2015, 11:08
Yes, the file named "digital" with the diamond-shaped icon is the executable file. For your information:

the "*.o" files (a.k.a. the object files) are the files obtained by compiling the .cpp source files individually;
the "moc_*.cpp" files are C++ source files generated by Qt (more precisely, the moc) that implement the runtime of Qt's object model for your QObject-derived classes;
the "ui_*.h" files are C++ source headers generated by Qt Designer that implement the UI of the widgets created in the designer;
"Makefile" is the platform-specific makefile generated by qmake to drive the build process.

Lesiok
5th May 2015, 11:23
What is the operating system of the tester ?

iswaryasenthilkumar
5th May 2015, 11:33
windows lesiok.am i sent file was correct ah???

What is the operating system of the tester ?

wysota
5th May 2015, 13:51
windows lesiok.am i sent file was correct ah???

You sent a file for Linux, not for Windows.

faldzip
5th May 2015, 14:10
iswaryasenthilkumar, it seems that you have no idea about programming and how the human readable code like C++ is converted to the executable file. Start from the beginning. For now it seems that you are refusing to get the basic information required to write the simple program. Please visit your nearest library, or use google, to find the book about programming in C++, read it, understand it, test your knowledge (by writing programs like "hello world") and then you can start thinking about more complex projects. It's going to take you a lot of time to learn those things, but if you don't want to spend this time on learning programming - then you have to think about different hobby. This thread is already 1 week old which is enough to get the basic understanding about some basic programming aspects if you'd just wanted to.