PDA

View Full Version : qwt installation for windows

anh5kor
29th April 2015, 10:12
Hello

I am trying to install the qwt for my windows pc where i have to use qwt with QT creator.
I searched for installation in the forum and got the below thread which explains the whole process
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/53787-HowTo-Installation-of-Qt-5-0-1-and-Qwt-6-1-0-rc3-%28Win7-64bit%29

I followed all the step
qmake qwt.pro
mingw32-make
mingw32-make install
and it installed properly and i added the environmental variable also.

But still when i created the new project in Qt i am not able to find any header file related to qwt.
I don't have any idea why it is not working in my case

Radek
29th April 2015, 18:04
Your problem consists in not having the headers on your INCLUDE path. Find the qwt headers on your disk (using a file manager, check any example code and search a header from it). Then specify the directory in INCLUDEPATH and DEPENDPATH of your project. You can also add the directory on the INCLUDE path.

Note that the headers can have a hierarchical structure, for example they begin at qwt directory (I don't know, I do not have qwt installed and I am not a windows user) but the headers are in subdirectories of qwt. Add qwr in the path and #include, for example, #include <subdir/header>.

Also, expect similar problems with linking. The libraries or DLLs may not be on the PATH. If you have .lib files, specify them in LIBRARY in your project. If you have .dll, make sure that they are on the PATH.

ChrisW67
30th April 2015, 21:43
and it installed properly and i added the environmental variable also.

But still when i created the new project in Qt i am not able to find any header file related to qwt.
I don't have any idea why it is not working in my case
The instructions that come with Qwt set a variable inside QMake, QMAKEFEATURES, see "Building a Qwt Application" in
http://qwt.sourceforge.net/qwtinstall.html

What changes did you make to your project's pro file? Did you use the:

CONFIG += qwt

Method from the page you linked or the Qwt instructions, a diect include of qwt.prf, or individually set INCLUDEPATH and LIBS?