PDA

View Full Version : New Debian, new Qt - and bags of problems

Radek
8th May 2015, 19:46
So, I went "up to date" finally. I installed Debian 8 KDE and got Qt5. Good, I wanted to compile some projects. I choose a small database thing, which I would like to run ASAP. After some wrestling, I made Creator run and compile the thing.

(1) The app needs KZip, KArchiveEntry and some other zip-related classes. I know that this is the KArchive library now - but which library should I download and where shlould I get headers? Apper knows nothing about "KArchive". Google seems to be unusable here. I also have seen that I should add

QT += KArchive

but my Qt Creator knows nothing about "KArchive". libkdecore seems to exist in Qt5 but there is no "libkdecore5-dev" package in sight. Where are the headers?

(2) I also need "system fonts" (fixed and proportional fonts set by "system settings"). They were available at KGlobalSettings class from libkdeui in Wheezy. In Jessie, evil took libkdeui along with headers like kglobalsettings.h. How are system settings (fonts are enough) accesible now (in Jessie)?

What to do?

d_stranz
8th May 2015, 21:38
Have you tried #inqlude.org? (http://inqlude.org/)

Radek
9th May 2015, 05:08
Yes, I have found this repository. It contains source files which I can compile (I hope I can). But the problem is also about "standard places" - I wouldn't like to develop my own data structures incompatible with decisions of the "big ones". I would appreciate .deb packages which will install where they belong.

KGlobalSetting has been detected in the depth of kdeui. The Jessie repository contains libkdeui5 and it is installed. The library seems to be the kdeui but where are headers? There used to be "dev" packages but they seem to be gone.

anda_skoa
9th May 2015, 14:23
The development package for Qt4 based kdelibs is kdelibs5-dev

The KDE Frameworks 5 module packages are still in experimental.

Cheers,
_

Radek
9th May 2015, 16:52
I installed kdelibs5-dev, got the needed headers - and then got a build which crashes immediately in QApplication ctor. I also tried a project independent of KDE - it compiled and run. So I commented out the zip support, hardcoded the fonts, and I got what I (almost) wanted. Oh, well ...

I am going to compile KArchive to get the zip support back at least and then wait until the framework becomes more mature.