PDA

View Full Version : QNetworkReply | readyRead() cut by finished()

AmirH
26th May 2015, 18:50
Hi,

I coded to download a RSS file :

The problem is that the QByteArray seems to be truncated because of the code of the connect finished() -> deleteLater()
If I don't connect, qdebug() seems to have a weird behavior, I'm not sure what to do.

At term, I would like to be able to read the entire QByteArray (content of RSS) to fill a local file with some of the content, and it will be a thread loop, to netReply, and others, will be reused.

Here is my code :

void Window::requestRSSalaune(){
QString urlRss = "http://rss.lemonde.fr/c/205/f/3050/index.rss";

netRequest = QNetworkRequest(QUrl(urlRss));
netReply = netMan->get(netRequest);

QObject::connect (netReply, SIGNAL(readyRead()), this, SLOT(downloadedRSSalaune())) ;

//QObject::connect (netReply, SIGNAL(finished()), netReply, SLOT(deleteLater())) ;
}

void Window::downloadedRSSalaune(){

qDebug() << netReply->errorString();

if(netReply->error() != QNetworkReply::NoError)
return;

QByteArray data =QByteArray(netReply->readAll());

int statusCode = netReply->attribute(QNetworkRequest::HttpStatusCodeAttribute ).toInt();
qDebug() << QVariant(statusCode).toString();

if(data.isEmpty())
return;

qDebug()<<data;
}

First, connect finished is commented, here is the result :

"Unknown error"
"200"
"<?xml><rss><channel>[..]and lot of other words but during the sen"
"Unknown error"
"200"
"tence, qDebug() printed others things, as if the function was called another time during the print of data</guid></item></channel></rss>"

Secondly, if I uncomment the connection finished() | deleteLater() :

"Unknown error"
"200"
"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>[...] and other words until this mome"
"Unknown error"
"200"

So in this second case, the printing of data is not finished so seemed to be cut.
In the second case, when I uncomment, I have some execution where the qDebug() print is similar as when it's commented, it's very not regular.

So I don't really know how to manage it
Thanks in advance for your contribution.

anda_skoa
26th May 2015, 19:20
So in this second case, the printing of data is not finished so seemed to be cut.

If you are referring to the "mome" then this has likely been the end of the buffer as received in that slot call.
As you can see in the first example, the data continues in the next invocation, when the next readRead() signal is handled.

Cheers,
_

AmirH
27th May 2015, 11:26
ow, ok,
so how can I have all the content to analyse, shall I append the content of the reply in a new QFile?

and should I still use deleteLater() ? it seems to interompt the advancement of the download.

anda_skoa
27th May 2015, 12:12
so how can I have all the content to analyse

By reading all content whenever new content becomes available or by reading all content at the end of the operation.

shall I append the content of the reply in a new QFile?

A file is a good option if the amount of data can't fit into memory, etc.

and should I still use deleteLater() ?
If you want to free the resources associated with the network reply object. Most programs do.

Cheers,
_

AmirH
31st May 2015, 08:41
Hi,
I have another problem and I think it's no use to open a new thread.

here is the code modified the slot:

void Window::downloadedRSSalaune(){

qDebug() << netReply->errorString();

if(netReply->error() != QNetworkReply::NoError)
return;

QString filepath = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath();
filepath.append("\\alaune.xml");
QFile *file = new QFile();
file->setFileName(filepath);

qDebug()<<"hi1";
if(!file->open(QIODevice::ReadWrite|QIODevice::Append|QIODev ice::Text)){
return;
}
qDebug()<<"hi2";
file->resize(0);
file->write(netReply->readAll());
qDebug()<<"hi3";
QDomDocument *domfile = new QDomDocument("alaune_xml");
QString errorStr;
int errorLine;
int errorColumn;

if(!(domfile->setContent(file, false, &errorStr, &errorLine,
&errorColumn))){
qDebug()<<errorStr;
qDebug()<<errorLine;
qDebug()<<errorColumn;
return;
}
qDebug()<<"hi4";
file->close();

netReply->deleteLater();

[...]
}

and the output :
"Unknown error"
hi1
hi2
hi3
"unexpected end of file"

so it return at setContent with the unexptected end of file for a file that, after I close the program, looks like this :

alaune.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='http://rss.lemonde.fr/xsl/fr/rss.xsl'?>

<rss xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:taxo="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/taxonomy/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd" version="2.0"><channel>[A LOT OF THINGS]</channel></rss>

i'm wondering if there is a unsynchronized method here. Whatever, where can be the problem ?

thank u for your help in advance

anda_skoa
31st May 2015, 09:59
I don't see where you reset the file's position to the beginning.

Also why do you write into a file at all?
Also why do you write into a file location that will almost certainly not be writeable once the application gets properly installed?
Also be aware that QDomDocument can not deal with partial documents.

Cheers,
_

AmirH
2nd June 2015, 22:34
ok, I'm using QByteArray and it work very well, I've got articles titles with urls and the items menu work fine.

I'm using a file called history.xml that I fill every minutes and located here :

QString filepath = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath();
filepath.append("\\history.xml");

what path should I define so it will be easy to access for my program when installed in program file via an installer?

jefftee
3rd June 2015, 04:44
Look at QStandardPaths.

AmirH
3rd June 2015, 10:56
I'm not really sure how to use it, is QStandardPaths::DataLocation the normal use.
In fact, I would like to know the common use of programs for files that are useless for the user to open it, but may not have to be very protected. What path to choose?

jefftee
4th June 2015, 04:48
Did you read the descriptions for each of the QStandardPaths::StandardLocation enums? There's a description for each that should guide you to a decision. That said, if I understand what you want, the following description of QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation seem to be a pretty good fit:

Returns a directory location where persistent application data can be stored. This is an application-specific directory. To obtain a path to store data to be shared with other applications, use QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation

AmirH
4th June 2015, 06:18
Thank u for your advice.

Here's a problem that I cannot find any solution on web :

QString appPath;
appPath = QString(QStandardPaths::​writableLocation(Q StandardPaths::AppDataLocation));
qDebug()<<appPath;

returrn :

stray '\342' in program
stray '\200' in program
stray '\213' in program

I checked all the '(' and '::', rewrite all the method by hand, cannot figure what's happening

jefftee
4th June 2015, 07:05
Have you by chance copied/pasted code from a web page somewhere? I would suggest selecting all of your code and copying to the clipboard, then paste into notepad or some other text editor where you can paste as plain text.

Once you do that, copy all of the plain text out of the notepad or text editor and paste as plain text into your source files and see if that resolves your problem.

AmirH
4th June 2015, 09:09
ok, thanks it works now, I have the printing of appDataLocation being AppData\Roaming\DirectNewsFrance

Here is the function to create history.xml (which will be modified a lot) by copying the model of historymodel.xml, which will be located in the program files folder of my app

void Window::createHistoryXml()
{
qDebug()<<"hi1";
QString filepath = QString(QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandard Paths::AppDataLocation));
filepath.append("\\history.xml");
QFileInfo checkFile(filepath);
if (checkFile.exists() && checkFile.isFile()) {
return;
}
qDebug()<<"hi2";
AppFiles::historyXML->setFileName(filepath);

QString modelpath = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath();
modelpath.append("\\historymodel.xml");
QFile *modelXml = new QFile();
modelXml->setFileName(modelpath);
qDebug()<<"hi3";
if(!(modelXml->open(QIODevice::ReadOnly))){
return;
}
qDebug()<<"hi4";
// QDomDocument to parse xml file
QDomDocument *domfile = new QDomDocument("history_xml");
if(!(domfile->setContent(modelXml))){
return;
}
modelXml->close();
qDebug()<<"hi5";
QString write_doc = domfile->toString();

if(!(AppFiles::historyXML->open(QIODevice::WriteOnly))){
return;
}
qDebug()<<"hi6";
AppFiles::historyXML->resize(0);
QTextStream stream(AppFiles::historyXML);
stream << write_doc;
AppFiles::historyXML->close();
qDebug()<<"hi7";
}

no files neither folder under AppData Roaming have been created. Is it something I forgot to do?

I have printed :

hi1
hi2
hi3
hi4
hi5

anda_skoa
4th June 2015, 12:14
You probably don't have the path yet: QDir::mkpath()

Also that looks like a rather wasteful approach to copy a file: QFile::copy()

But at least don't leak objects! Currently you unnecessarily allocate "modelXml" and "domfile" on the heap and forget to delete them. Just allocate on the stack.

Cheers,
_

AmirH
4th June 2015, 13:01
ok thanks, I will copy file and mkdir,
I always forget to delete allocated objects, I'm always figuring it will be delete at the end of function automaticaly. Maybe I should use make_unique<>. But here on the stack is ok.

jefftee
6th June 2015, 06:56
no files neither folder under AppData Roaming have been created. Is it something I forgot to do?

Yes, if you read the documentation, it states that the path returned may not exist, so you may have to create the directory.