PDA

View Full Version : Using Q_INIT_RESOURCE() in a designer plugin...

thawkins
26th March 2007, 19:08
I have a static library that I have that includes a resource file of .png files, we'll call it libA

I want to link libA into a designer plugin library I am making called DesignerLibB.

The problem is that I can see 99.95% of the expected interaction between libA and DesignerLibB in designer BUT, whenever I try to load one of the resources in libA (for instance in the paintEvent of libA), the resource doesn't load.

I read the documentation and it says that in some cases where resources are in an included libary you need to add Q_INIT_RESOURCE to the main() of the application to initiate the resources. I actually converted DesignerLibB into a standalone application (with a main()) and I am seeing the .png file from libA in that case (so I know it's not a code problem persay).

My question is, since designer plugins don't have main() functions, where do I put the Q_INIT_RESOURCE() call? I've tried putting it into the constructor of libA and DesignerLibB and in both cases compiler errrors result.

wysota
26th March 2007, 19:21
In the initialize method of the plugin.

thawkins
26th March 2007, 19:48
In the initialize method of the plugin.

That did it. I should have thought of that.