PDA

View Full Version : Finding the right plugin for software deployment

BeautiCode
4th June 2015, 03:12
So I deployed some software without reading the official deployment guide. I learned the hard way when people started complaining about it not working on their pc, but it worked perectly on mine. I found out, i needed 2 plugins from the plugins folder in the Qt mingw32 directory. So i re deployed that program and it worked. But i have another program i developed and its having the same issue but doesn't use multimedia like the other software does (in which i needed the audio plugin). My other software uses Qt5Netwotk, which plugin would be needed for that? I'm testing it on a other pc and it's not connecting like it usually does.

jefftee
4th June 2015, 03:51
There are other deployment dependencies depending on the platform(s) you are deploying to. On Windows for example, MSVC run-time libraries and manifest files may be required that are not present on the end user's system.

I'd suggest reading the deployment guide for your platform top to bottom end ensure you're meeting all of the requirements for your platform(s).

wysota
4th June 2015, 08:32
QtNetwork itself doesn't need any plugins.