PDA

View Full Version : GL library missing for webchannel example

RolandHughes
7th June 2015, 19:31
All,

I'm probably just being thick on Sunday morning. I installed the 5.4.x everywhere package locally on Ubuntu 12.4.5 32-bit. After finding the qwebchannel.js file on-line and putting it in the proper place I try to build the example as is and receive the following:

make: Entering directory `/home/developer/Qt5.4.2/Examples/Qt-5.4/webchannel/build-standalone-Desktop_Qt_5_4_2_GCC_32bit-Release'
g++ -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/home/developer/Qt5.4.2/5.4/gcc -Wl,-rpath,/home/developer/Qt5.4.2/5.4/gcc/lib -o standalone main.o websockettransport.o websocketclientwrapper.o moc_websockettransport.o moc_websocketclientwrapper.o -L/home/developer/Qt5.4.2/5.4/gcc/lib -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5WebChannel -lQt5Qml -lQt5WebSockets -lQt5Network -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: Leaving directory `/home/developer/Qt5.4.2/Examples/Qt-5.4/webchannel/build-standalone-Desktop_Qt_5_4_2_GCC_32bit-Release'
make: *** [standalone] Error 1
11:28:34: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project standalone (kit: Desktop Qt 5.4.2 GCC 32bit)
When executing step "Make"

Thick headed question 1: Since it doesn't have a Qt in front, is this version built to use openGL and I simply need to install openGL development files?

I know, try it and find out ...but... I'm trying to come up with reproducible instructions for creating a development environment from bare metal so others can build their environments and they will all build the same. I don't want to randomly install things then figure out what actually worked.

Thanks,

Added after 50 minutes:

I hate to admit it, but DuckDuckGo has let me down twice this weekend. Out of desperation I used bing.com and found this link. (Yes, using anything Microsoft is an act of sheer desperation for me <Grin>)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15355837/installing-qt-on-linux-cannot-find-lgl

which then inspired me to search further and find this link (sadly with bing again)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17417211/android-error-libgl-so-cannot-open-shared-object-file-no-such-file-or-direct

Now on to the next hurdle with this example. Awful lot of people seem to be having trouble getting this example to build and run.

ChrisW67
7th June 2015, 22:14
If your system does not provide an OpenGL implementation then this will be the result of trying to build something that needs OpenGL. Install an OpenGL-capable video driver (or you could try Mesa) and the OpenGL developer bundle if your distro separates this out.