PDA

View Full Version : Qt 5.4.2 cannot play videos on xp?

Nya
12th June 2015, 19:31
My project works well on win7/8, but plays nothing on xp.
I search it on google and find that almost everyone is saying that i should compile the qmultimediawidget or just the directshow part. But, qt 5.4.2 dev-kit contains dsengine.dll, isn't it enough?

ChrisW67
12th June 2015, 21:49
Perhaps you simply do not have a suitable codec by default. Can you play the same video on Windows XP with Windows media player?

Nya
13th June 2015, 04:24
Yes, there is no problem when playing with media player. Btw, it's an avi.

cboles
13th June 2015, 05:01
Yes, there is no problem when playing with media player. Btw, it's an avi.

Just an FYI if you are not aware, but an AVI file is just a container format - AVIs can contain a variety of audio and video codecs, which may or may not be playable on a given system.

Nya
13th June 2015, 09:54
Thanks. I added a console window to get the debug messages on xp. Yeah, It was something like directishow service not found.
According to https://forum.qt.io/topic/28620/solved-qtmultimedia-defaultserviceprovider-requestservice-no-service-found-for-org-qt-project-qt-mediaplayer/9 , I rebuild the qmultimedia pro and install. But now, it even crash on my win10!
When I debug, I find it failed to call DirectShowPlayerService::doSetStreamSource. Why does it call directshow service?(there is an debug message:'Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!') When does it decide to use directshow or wmf, at compile time or at runtime? Of course, it crashed on xp with an message 'instruction 0x referenced memory 0x memory could not read'.