PDA

View Full Version : QHttp Timeout?

musaulker
27th March 2007, 10:33
Is it possible to set timeout on QHttp objects?

high_flyer
27th March 2007, 11:01
As far as I understand the docs you can't, since the QHttp is only a protocol implementation, not a server.
The timeout is set on the server.

musaulker
27th March 2007, 11:51
I cannot see it too. But I don't agree with you. Because there must exist such a function that you can set request timeout. Maybe in the next release, hope so..

high_flyer
27th March 2007, 12:23
Because there must exist such a function that you can set request timeout.
I am not realy a big Http erver/client coder, so I wont argue - but I don't see why there should be such a function - this is a server issue, not a protocot issue, IMHO.
In QTcpServer you can set the timeout, where I think it also makes sense.
Therefore, I don't think you will see setTimerout() in any future release in QHttp, unless it will turn to be a QHttp server inplementation, that binds the server and the protocol togeather.
In the operations of QHttp, such as get() set() etc, you have to give the QIODevice (the server) on which is aware of its own timeout.

jandrioli
25th February 2010, 09:43
Timeout is one of the most basic concepts of networking... In the case of HTTP protocols, it is actually present in the TCP/IP layer. What is disappointing to me is that from within the QHttp object we have no access to the underlying tcp connection properties.