PDA

View Full Version : QVector value in Local and expression

vinothrajendran
1st July 2015, 06:47
I am having a vector of structures , i have appended 7 items to that vector....In local and expression , all i could see is it has 7 items but not the content of it (it shows only d and p values inside)...ANy help is appreciated.......

Here is the structure:

struct OverHead_Panel_struct
{
int PanelNumbr;

struct Panel
{
void * object;
OverHead_Panel_Components overhead_panel_compd_enum;
};

QVector < Panel > panel_vect;
};

in another file :
QVector < OverHead_Panel_struct > overhead_panel_vect;

I want to see the corresponding 7 values inside overhead_panel_vect in Local and expression.....I dont want to use qDebug() to view those values in application Output

jefftee
1st July 2015, 07:03
Does your Qt kit have the debugger extensions built and can you see the individual structure members using your debugger *before* you insert them into the QVector?

vinothrajendran
1st July 2015, 07:34
Yes i can see Individual structure member values in Local and expression before inserted into QVector

jefftee
1st July 2015, 07:37
That's good, but you didn't answer my question about whether or not you have built the debugger extensions for your Qt run-time environment via Qt Creator?

vinothrajendran
1st July 2015, 07:56
I am using MSVC compiler and i have added (Windows Kit) cdb.exe to the toolchain.......Is this what u r expecting???

jefftee
1st July 2015, 08:05
No, go into your Qt Creator preferences and "Build & Run", then Qt Versions. Select the Qt version you're using and then expand the section for "Helpers" and make sure you build the debugging extensions.

I haven't used windows in several years, so may have to dig a little to find that option and I'm not 100% sure that it's applicable for MSVC, but basically it sounds like your debugger doesn't understand the Qt types, etc.

vinothrajendran
1st July 2015, 08:14

This is what i see in it

I have selected MSVC 2008

jefftee
1st July 2015, 18:52
I don't think I'm going to be able to help you, sorry! I don't use windows and thought this might be your problem, but those options all seem greyed out. Not sure if that's normal for Qt and the MSVC toolchain or not. Perhaps someone that does use Windows can chime in.