PDA

View Full Version : Move command

mouni
2nd July 2015, 10:30
i am using Qt application ...in that i added windows move command after moving files move command window is appearing i want to hide move command window ...

yeye_olive
2nd July 2015, 10:43
Let me try to turn this thread into a more constructive interaction than the previous ones you started. My objective in doing so is to get you to learn something rather than being fed a solution.

So, your application has a window you want to hide. Can you tell us more about about this window? What Qt class is it an instance of? Have you read the documentation of this class? If not, please do it. What methods have you found in the documentation that look promising to achieve your goal?

mouni
2nd July 2015, 11:17
it is an windows 8 command prompt

i want to hide that command prompt

yeye_olive
2nd July 2015, 11:29
What does this terminal window have to do with your application? Is it running a console program that you start from your application, e.g. with a QProcess? Do you want to hide the window, so that it continues running the program without cluttering the desktop, or do you want to terminate the program? Wy do you run the process in a terminal window in the first place?

Please describe the situation. You should be the one writing detailed posts.

mouni
2nd July 2015, 11:39
to move files from one folder to another folder is used move command in qt gui appears and then after moves file from onefolder to another folder the window command prompt is displaying.....

yeye_olive
2nd July 2015, 12:00
I have no idea what you mean, so I can only provide generic advice: Qt has no facility to hide an arbitrary window belonging to another application; you should search the Win32 API for a solution.

wysota
2nd July 2015, 12:35
to move files from one folder to another folder is used move command in qt gui appears and then after moves file from onefolder to another folder the window command prompt is displaying.....

So to avoid showing a command prompt when you use a move command, stop using the move command and move files using means other than by issuing a move command in the shell.

mouni
2nd July 2015, 13:23
how to move files from one folder to another in qt with out using window command

wysota
2nd July 2015, 14:42
QFile::rename()

yeye_olive
2nd July 2015, 14:43
how to move files from one folder to another in qt with out using window command
People already gave you pointers when you asked the same question in a previous thread (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/62764-Directory-monitoring). Keep ignoring their answers, and they will ignore your questions.

d_stranz
2nd July 2015, 16:48
If I think back over the many posts the OP has made, I am starting to realize that perhaps what we really have here is a severe difficulty in comprehending the huge volume of English-language Qt documentation. Appreciating that "rename" is a synonym for "move" (or even that QFile is the appropriate place to look for such a method) might be a subtlety we are taking for granted but which presents a huge obstacle to the OP. Even getting the post (or repost) into a form where we can understand the root of the problem seems to be a problem in itself.

I am myself guilty of impatience, but maybe if we focused on giving a specific answer to the question as best we understand it, we'd be spared some of these infinitely looping threads.

yeye_olive
3rd July 2015, 09:41
Agreed, limited English reading and writing skills are a major obstacle to new Qt programmers. I am happy to contribute answers as long as I feel that the posters are really trying to learn something new, if only to improve their English communication or C++ skills. Unless knowledge in these domains is infinite, this should ensure that all threads eventually terminate :).