PDA

View Full Version : C++ Ide

Walsi
28th March 2007, 10:45
I am a newbie at Qt4.2 and I wanna know:

In wich IDE do you write your C++ files???

Under Linux and/or under Windows?

Best Regards,

wysota
28th March 2007, 10:55
KDevelop under Linux. And for Windows also in KDevelop (under Linux) and then copy it to Windows and compile using MinGW or MSVC. Very rarely I use Visual Studio.

Walsi
28th March 2007, 11:08
Thanks for your quick answer!
Okay, KDevelop, that was just the IDE which I thought to use.

Imagine, I am a very new newbie at Qt, so I have another Question:

I am Installing qt4.2 (opensource)

I am Installing Kdevelop (newest Version)

Now, must I configure KDevelop anyway to use Qt4.2 with it, or should I write with it only ma cpp and h-files and should I compile it in the terminal with

"qmake -project && qmake && make" like it is explained in the Install Manual from Qt4.2

Best regards, I hope you can help me.

fullmetalcoder
28th March 2007, 13:21
I suggest you to have a look at the Qt Software section... 3 Qt4 IDEs have been announced already. If you prefer using "stable" products, which rarely have a decent Qt4 support on the other hand, you can always try KDevelop, as already mentioned, Ajunta, Dev-C++, Code::Blocks, Visual Studio, ...

danadam
28th March 2007, 13:38
In wich IDE do you write your C++ files???

(G)Vim :cool: with OmniCppComplete (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1520) and some other tweaks (folding, bracket autoclosing, etc.)

wysota
28th March 2007, 14:47
Now, must I configure KDevelop anyway to use Qt4.2 with it, or should I write with it only ma cpp and h-files and should I compile it in the terminal with

"qmake -project && qmake && make" like it is explained in the Install Manual from Qt4.2

The newest version should work out of a box. Just take a look at the project options dialog and make sure an appropriate checkmark is checked and proper paths are used so that KDevelop knows where to find your Qt4.2 installation.

yop
28th March 2007, 17:35
I am using eclipse for everything that has to do with programming. There is a wiki entry here in qtcentre that explains how to use it for Qt development. I am also using qtclipse on top of it and waiting for this (http://www.trolltech.com/company/tt/eclipse-integration)

Walsi
29th March 2007, 08:04
Thanks for all your answers. I am going to install some different IDEs and test them.

Thx :)

Best Regards,...

PS: I also prefer KDE, so I will download and install the newest Version of it.
Please correct me if I am not right, the newest Version of KDevelop is 3.4?!?!?

Walsi
29th March 2007, 13:15
Hy there, ....

I got another Problem while installing KDevelop 3.4.
Before installing kDevelop 3.4, I installed Qt-4.2 into the Folder /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.3/

At configuring KDevelop (./configure) he checked for some Qt include and library files. He searched them in /usr/share/qt3/include and /usr/share/qt3/lib and said okay.

But at building (make) I got following error:

mainwindow.cpp:117:30: error: qassistantclient.h: No such file or directory
mainwindow.cpp: In constructor 'MainWindow::MainWindow(KDevDesignerPart*, bool, bool, const QString&)':
mainwindow.cpp:279: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct QAssistantClient'
mainwindow.h:68: error: forward declaration of 'struct QAssistantClient'
mainwindow.cpp: In member function 'void MainWindow::helpContents()':
mainwindow.cpp:806: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct QAssistantClient'
mainwindow.cpp: In member function 'void MainWindow::helpManual()':
mainwindow.cpp:811: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct QAssistantClient'
mainwindow.cpp: In member function 'void MainWindow::showDialogHelp()':
mainwindow.cpp:2913: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct QAssistantClient'
make[4]: *** [mainwindow.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/nb100146/kdevelop-3.4.0/kdevdesigner/designer'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/nb100146/kdevelop-3.4.0/kdevdesigner/designer'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nb100146/kdevelop-3.4.0/kdevdesigner'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nb100146/kdevelop-3.4.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2
nb100146@nb100146-laptop:~/kdevelop-3.4.0$ ić/usr/share/qt3

And I got this error also when I manually edit the makefile after ./configure.

What can I do now?

Best Regards!

wysota
29th March 2007, 13:49
Do you have a full install of Qt3? Including the assistant client library...

Walsi
29th March 2007, 14:55
Oh my God,....

I only installed Qt4.2.3 on my system. And I got it from Trolltech.com

So I also have to install Qt3??

Or must I only install the qt3 lib packages which a achieve from apt-get?

Best Regards?

edit: I am afraid of installing wrong packages which destroy or overwrite my Qt4.2.

Yes I am also a little Newbie on Linux! :confused: