PDA

View Full Version : run qwt example in Qt 5 on linux ubuntu

natile
16th July 2015, 20:55
I cant figure out what i need to do for runing example program which use qwt library. I download the file qwt-6.1.2.tar.bz2 from here as usual it goes to Download Direcory and i extract the file to this directory. I have now qwt-6.1.2 directory in Downloads directory.

The qt directory in my machine located in /opt/Qt5.4.1/

How i continue from here ??

I try to run qmake :

natile@natile-Precision-T1650:/opt/Qt5.4.1/5.4/gcc_64/bin$ sudo ./qmake /home/natile/Downloads/qwt-6.1.2/qwt.pro

And after i ran make :

natile@natile-Precision-T1650:/opt/Qt5.4.1/5.4/gcc_64/bin$ sudo make

but i get an error:

cd src/ && ( test -e Makefile || /opt/Qt5.4.1/5.4/gcc_64/bin/qmake /home/natile/Downloads/qwt-6.1.2/src/src.pro -o Makefile ) && make -f Makefile make1: Entering directory /opt/Qt5.4.1/5.4/gcc_64/bin/src'
compiling /home/natile/qtcreator-projects/qwt/qwt-5.2/src/qwt_abstract_scale_draw.cpp
In file included from /home/natile/qtcreator-projects/qwt/qwt-5.2/src/qwt_abstract_scale_draw.cpp:19:0:
/home/natile/qtcreator-projects/qwt/qwt-5.2/src/qwt_scale_map.h:92:5: error: ‘QT_STATIC_CONST’ does not name a type
/home/natile/qtcreator-projects/qwt/qwt-5.2/src/qwt_scale_map.h:93:5: error: ‘QT_STATIC_CONST’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [obj/qwt_abstract_scale_draw.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory/opt/Qt5.4.1/5.4/gcc_64/bin/src' make: *** [sub-src-make_first-ordered] Error 2

I understand that i have to run qmake

I get nothing in the installation url : http://qwt.sourceforge.net/qwtinstall.html

Please help.

arcull
17th July 2015, 07:08
I'm not able to help much, but anyway...I had similar problems when trying to build qwt library from source. I've buid it ok with mingw compiler, while with msvc I wasn't able to. So my best guess is, that compilers have subtle diferences and kind of preferences with code syntax. On qwt site, if I remember wll, you have different sources available (probalby meant for different compilers, but I'm not sure). You could also try a differnet compiler instead of gcc.