PDA

View Full Version : how to install qt-every-where 4.8.x on Ubuntu 14.04?

radmir
17th July 2015, 05:17
Hi, everybody,

Tried to install qt everywhere 4.8.x on Ubuntu 14.04 and got in a trap of large number of errors on the stage 'configure'. There are messages of nonexisting *.h files, libraries, e.g. libpng, libjpg,..., their *.h files. I checked Ubuntu and found libraries exists, but their names are libpng8, libjpg8 and so on.
Is anywhere adapted Qt 4.8.x distribute for Ubuntu 14.04, or who may say what todo.

Radmir.

anda_skoa
17th July 2015, 09:50
If you want to build Qt you'll need the development packages for these libraries.
On Debian based systems these packages have names that end in -dev, e.g. libpng12-dev

But Qt is also available as a set of packages itself, in case you don't need to build it yourself for specific reasons.

Cheers,
_

Berryman
18th July 2015, 23:24
But Qt is also available as a set of packages itself, in case you don't need to build it yourself for specific reasons.

This is one of the major reasons I use and advise Qt!

radmir
23rd July 2015, 07:50
It's not so easy,

to assemble Qt 4.8.x with options -debug-and-release and -webkit-debug one must use all the libraries bundled with Qt, plus you may encounter great amount of faults kinda XLib not installed, not found include file audio.h, stream....h, for Q7 4.8.6 not found include path for QWebCore and so on. The result is: you get an error 2, compilation cancelled, or/and great amount of non-compiled files.

The reason is new version 14.04. Older version of Ubuntu 13.10 has an oportunity to choose software (check the necessary item) during installation, but this new one doesn't allow you to develop Qt 4.

I asked the Russian Ubuntu Forum (http://forum.ubuntu.ru/), but only find how to install release version of Qt. On Ubuntu 12.04 this will be Qt 4.8.1, on Ubuntu 14.04 - Qt 4.8.6.

I'm not interested in Qt 5.x, cause QtWebkit releases for it very differ from Qt 4.8.x.

So the question is waiting its own guru.
Radmir