PDA

View Full Version : Compiling for ARMV7l and Intel i5

JasonKretzer
23rd July 2015, 14:33
I am unclear on this as I have not had to compile for multiple architectures like this.

I have a device that is running Ubuntu 12.04 on ARMV7l. The machine that I am using for development is running Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit on an Intel i5 64bit processor.

Generally, I have only created a DEB file for machines that are the same architecture and Ubuntu version as the development machine. As such, I am just looking for a general direction(websites, etc) on how to make sure that I can create a DEB file on the development machine and have it install properly on the ARM device. On a side note, another twist that I am also dealing with is the backporting of Qt 5.3 to the 12.04 which adds to the fun.

Thanks!

-Jason

d_stranz
23rd July 2015, 17:26
Qt Creator will handle multiple tool chains, including cross-compilers. This is how I build for ARMV7 Android devices and linux targets using Qt Creator running on Windows 7. I do not know if there is a Qt distribution for your Ubuntu / ARM configuration, so you may have to build it once you locate a cross-compiler. You then need to add that to Qt Creator as a new kit.

On my system, when targeting Android, Qt has a tool chain that include ant scripts to create the apk and deploy it on the Android test machine.

This link might help (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10934683/how-do-i-configure-qt-for-cross-compilation-from-linux-to-windows-target). Haven't tried MXE, but I might because I need to add OSX to my targets.