PDA

View Full Version : MinGW Compiler under WXP

Walsi
29th March 2007, 15:47
Okay, I also installed qt4.2.3 on my WXP Distribution. From the command prompt I am able to compile my cpp/qt projects. So the MinGW generates a "release" Folder which contains the executable from my Application.

In this special MinGW Command Prompt I am able to start this executable (e.g.: HelloWorld.exe). But when I try to run it out of a "Standard Dos Shell" (Start -> run -> "cmd"), I got following error:

Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

So what causes this error message???
It cannot be the truth, that I only can start my applications from the QT-configured command prompt, and further that I need MinGW installed on every WXP Machine on which I want to run my applications.

Or is exactly this the only truth about my problem?

Best Regards,...

jacek
29th March 2007, 20:07
So what causes this error message???
Just as the error message says, windows can't find mingwm10.dll file. Find it and copy it to the same directory where your executable is or to c:\windows\system or wherever windows looks for DLLs.

Daedalus
30th March 2007, 17:26
In addition: the same will most likely apply to the Qt4-related dll files. In general, I copy them to the application-dir, just to be sure, I deliver them with my application on release.